Polo Campeonato / El Abierto Tickets

NJtoBsAs

Registered
Anyone been to the Argentine Open Polo Championship before and have any insight as to what tickets to buy? I'm tempted to go for the cheapest available (Dorrego Lateral), but I want to make sure I won't be stuck by manure piles or anything. I wouldn't mind springing for the second cheapest, $56 pesos, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's worth it.

Dorrego Central has assigned seating & actual seats. Lateral is just the bleachers. they're fine. If you are actually intending to watch the polo (as opposed to hanging out) and get the lateral, it's best to sit at the top of the bleachers so you don't have impaired viewing (the seats at the bottom can make it hard to see what is going on at the opposite end of the field).

Someone said the tickets might be available at Abasto now, any word on that? Also, for this first match, could I just get tickets at the gate (I'll want the cheapest available), or should I buy ahead of time?

At Abasto? As in the shopping center:confused: No idea on that.

You can buy individual tickets (they are also still selling the abono) at any ticketek location or online. You will also be able to buy tix for the matches this weekend (and probably next as well) the day of the match at the polo fields. I don't know if the ticket booths at the field are open during the week to buy them - I walked by yesterday and they weren't.

Oh good, thanks! Do you know what time the match starts, can't seem to find that info anywhere...

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! It is safe to assume bleacher seats will not sell out ahead of time, correct?

Also, any insight as to what people will be wearing? I've been to Kentucky Derby and know you can get a wide variety; just wondering if it's the same.

The cheap seats are fine if you don't mind the sun. In the expensive seats the sun is to your back and in the cheap seats it's in your face.

You will be able to buy tix the day off for the first 2 weekends (fechas 1-4). The semis & the final WILL sell out. So if you don't buy the abono, buy the tix for those the day they go on sale (the Monday before the games).

As far as dress code - there is none. If you're buying the "cheap seats" - I would recommend against wearing anything formal as it will look a bit ridiculous when you're sitting next to people in jeans & tshirts. As a girl, I usually wear a little sundress Plus, you're on the sunny side of the field so it gets HOT. Bring plenty of sunscreen and don't wear anything heavy.

I bought my tickets yesterday at the TickeTek location on Santa Fe between Plaza Italia & The Palermo Subte station.

TickeTek: 10am-8pm
Av. Santa Fe 4389
5237-7200

I went by the actual polo grounds first and it turned out that only players could go by and buy their tickets on the grounds. There's lots of building going on right now for this weekend.

The Abono is AR$220 and the individual tickets are AR$30. There are 7 dates, that would mean AR$210 to buy them individually. However, they do have a AR$25 rape charge on each individual purchase. I don't mean TRANSACTION, I mean PURCHASED item.

I bought 3 abonos and had to pay AR$75 in rape charges. (rape charges = "convenience fees") So if you buy individual tickets, it might be AR$210 + AR$175 (for charges).

Just an FYI.

Back