Portable air conditioner? Or any type for sale?

Farenheit

Registered
Has anyone used one of these? Do they work? I'd rather a get a portable one than have to buy several regular ones....unless anyone is selling one second-hand? Thanks!

Just checked and all air cons are over 3500 pesos! Whew! Air coolers are much cheaper but do they work???

I have used a portable one and is great. You can take it to any room in the house without having to buy one for every room. I moved so I might be selling mine if interested...

Yes, definitely interested. What make is it, how old is it and how much? Thanks!

We just got a quote for A/C installation (3 units and complex installation) amounting to a total we're not willing to pay. I had never heard of these portable A/C units but one of the guys who came to give us a quote suggested them. So they actually work? Anyone bought one here and can recommend a brand/model?? Also, same as those above, if anyone is selling I might be interested. Thanks!

I had one (a Sanyo) that worked in that it blew cold air. But you should ask about two things:
1) many models have a water tank that needs to be emptied every 4-6 hours (depending on humidity levels), and mine sounded an alarm until I emptied it. That meant I couldn't sleep with it.
2) mine had a thick hose that went from the machine to outside, to exhaust the hot air. I had to buy a piece of plexiglass with a hole in it to put in my window. If not, and I just draped the hose out the open window, the hot air from outside would rush in to cancel out the cold air inside.

Maybe the one bradleycosta has is more sophisticated than mine was.

Iam told that air coolers do not work very well in humid climates as they essentially evaporate water.Coto has offers this week on a/c s and fans.

I had one (a Sanyo) that worked in that it blew cold air. But you should ask about two things:
1) many models have a water tank that needs to be emptied every 4-6 hours (depending on humidity levels), and mine sounded an alarm until I emptied it. That meant I couldn't sleep with it.
2) mine had a thick hose that went from the machine to outside, to exhaust the hot air. I had to buy a piece of plexiglass with a hole in it to put in my window. If not, and I just draped the hose out the open window, the hot air from outside would rush in to cancel out the cold air inside.

Good to know, thank you.

Back