Possible To Check Residency Process Status?

oiram

Registered
About 2 months ago I filed for a student residency and got a precaria for 3 months. Does anyone know if there's a way to check the status of my application?

You can check it online. I don't have the exact link handy but it's on here somewhere if you search baexpats or just type in "estado tramite residencia" in google and it should pop up. You just need the really long number on the receipt that they gave you with your precaria.

If it's not done, you can also renew your precaria via the web as well :) Same link.

Check for status depends on if its Precaria, DNI , Residencia Permanente , etc the Expediente No. is a 27? digit number in your Precaria

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/consulta_tramite/form_inicial.php

for the benefit of others who may be looking for info: I applied for a student visa in mid-February and received my DNI today. It was spot on the timeframe they mentioned and before the precaria was up. Will last me an year and explicitly allows holders to work. I will have to go through the process again next year when I renew my matricula.

for the benefit of others who may be looking for info: I applied for a student visa in mid-February and received my DNI today. It was spot on the timeframe they mentioned and before the precaria was up. Will last me an year and explicitly allows holders to work. I will have to go through the process again next year when I renew my matricula.

That's awesome! Question: I'm in the beginning stages of this and am studying my masters, the time before I only needed precaria because it was intercambio. Did you apply for precaria and then DNI or just applied for DNI directly and got sent your precaria in the meantime?

Back