Post office box?

eastman747

Registered
Ok, just a shot in the dark here...is there any way to set up a post office box in Buenos Aires? Thanks so much...all you guys have made my first year here a success!!! :)

You may go to the post office or find on line at www.correoargentino.com.ar. May be you need to ask for "encomienda".

For little packages (less than 40cm x 60 cm) you can wrap it in a brown paper. Correo argentino sells standard boxes too in different sizes. I also saw people sending shoe boxes wraped in brown paper.

I know this because when I go to the correo argentino closest to my house, I have to wait one hour.

Roxana, the OP is not looking for packing boxes. She is looking for "apartado postal".

eastman747 said:
Ok, just a shot in the dark here...is there any way to set up a post office box in Buenos Aires? Thanks so much...all you guys have made my first year here a success!!! :)

You can go to any post office and ask for free P.O. Box (better to Central Post Office - J.D. Peron 300 - they have many free boxes). Contracts for 3, 6 months or 1 year, 250 pesos per 6 months or 400 per year. You must have copy of your passport (ID) and confirmation of address (certificado de domicilio). Whole procedure will take not more than 10 min :)

Back