Posting A Package Internationally

Panini

Registered
Hi All,

I've looked through the past posts but couldn't find the exact information...I'm send a package/box about 6kgs tomorrow morning. My local correo told me anything over 2kg's has to go to Retiro because that's where they have aduanas. Anybody have any experience on this one? I'm sending clothes back that I need to send off as I'm moving. Anybody know the process, or how complicated it is...... I've sent packages before and usually it's weight it, declare it, pay for it, it's sent.....I'm hoping the argentine system is as per normal ehhhhh?

Thanks in advance!!!

Update...I went to the location this morning. It's the big building with the big Correo Argentino sign on it at the end of plaza canada in Retiro. If you've been to migraciones down there you'll probably remember it. It was a wait but not too hard, brought the box in somebody from aduanas/afip looked at the contents, got my number and waited....1 hour....brought it up they weighed it and charged it in line with the costs online (http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/precios/encomiendas/internacionales) then I had to fill out two short declaration forms, pay and then got the receipt. Ya ta!

Next stage is too see if it actually arrives!!!

Interesting, I had just been wondering about this, and about the same size as you sent. Trying to find the most economical way. Hoping it's at least under $50US or something like under 40€.
Thanks for the info. The chart helps to shed some realistic light on prices too.
If I do so send, I'll report back my findings here.

Thanks for the update. :) I didn't realize one had to go all the way to Retiro to send as well.

Thanks for the update. :) I didn't realize one had to go all the way to Retiro to send as well.

Yeh I was trying to find information to confirm this but when I went to the two correos near my house they both told me to go to Retiro and they couldn't accept packages over 2kg. It's a bit mad that if there's only one place in capital and only 3 people working to process all the packages! Anyway it's done and i'm happy!!

Back