Poverty in the USA

I enjoyed the video and can relate to her situation. I feel the same as she does -- I'm glad that I'm here in BUENOS AIRES. I couldn't afford the rent she pays in Arizona.

There are many retired Americans living in Buenos Aires. We can live well here while the dollar is still the global currency.

While it's freezing in Chicago, I'm enjoying the beautiful summer!

This is about as relevant to BA Expats as a recent thread on the monarchy that bothered the OP as irrelevant.
True it's not about Argentina but as there are US citizens living in Argentina on limited incomes, the video may be of interest. Argentina seems to be a haven for a lot of people. The woman interviewed in the video would be better off in Argentina it seems to me.

That's why I share why retirement is great in Buenos Aires. I can live comfortably and not worry about how I'm going to pay the bills.

Our comfortable retirement living in B.A, is the product of a foreign exchange rate differential. Could we wake up one day with NO foreign exchange advantage ?. Reality check. Possible ?

I'd rather be in BA than the US for many reasons. I came here for the tango when the dollar and the peso were equal.

We don't know when but it's possible that in a few years the dollar will no longer be the global currency. That will change everything.

As the song lyric goes "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer."

The exchange rate fluctuates. Not too long ago the dollar was not gaining ground so costs for expats rose. This could happen again. It’s doubtful though that the COL could ever approach that of the US where property taxes alone are thousands of dollars a year. Also those who have settled in Argentina invariably like the culture and environment enough to have stayed on even when it’s less of a bargain.

Back