Power Outages anyone???

Two days this week on my block...even had the fun beating of the pots and pans porteño rain dance nearby on a corner in no way affiliated with Edesur.

Not here in Barrio Norte. A lot of em in my home state in the USA, though.

In the interior yes. Had several blackouts Sunday in various parts of the city including my apt.

Next week Thursday and Friday the temperature is supposed to hit 37 degrees in Buenos Aires city so expect power outages then again. Maybe stock up on ice and beer :cool: and a thermal carrier to keep them in.

this week in NQN i havent encountered any. neither has my apartment back in BA in puerto madero

I'm going to jinx myself by saying this, but I've been without power for 5 hours only once since returning. I live downtown, so perhaps we're prioritized given the proliferation of government offices.

Next week Thursday and Friday the temperature is supposed to hit 37 degrees in Buenos Aires city so expect power outages then again. Maybe stock up on ice and beer :cool: and a thermal carrier to keep them in.

I saw this, I'm tempted to do a rent a room for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday as I don't have AC in my apartment anyways, and without fans? Well, needless to say that's not something I'm willing to subject myself to.

Fortunately none where I am in almost 3 years except that time the lights went out nationwide due to some guy switching the wrong switch (am on EDENOR network and close to hospital and major embassies) I did note one night last week all the buildings and street lights on the other side of the street were out for a few hours however.

Four people I know in Villa Crespo/ Almargro/ Boedo areas served by EDESUR along with about 20.000 others were without power for 3 to 8 days in a row over Christmas and New Year. No power, no water.

Here is a map where you can see reported outages in real time.

Here is where you can see how many are without service according to provider:

Maybe with the steep power price increases and applicable to properties valued at over like $3700 psm and in barrios cerrados in PBA, more people will ease back on the A/C etc after getting their first bill and this will ease the issue a little.... just doubt there are enough of such users to achieve much of a difference while there are still such generous subsidies x todxs and supply simply cannot keep up with demand.

Last edited:

If you look here -
-they're now predicting 41c for next Thursday and Friday. That's like Riyadh level temperatures - roughly 106F

The sad part is that it has nothing to do with the the summer heat. Clarin had a story this past Thursday where the current government has a financial dispute with Edesur to the tune of over $200 million pesos. Edesur is a privately own company. PS: The power came back a little while ago.

Last edited:
Back