Pre Natal Vitamins?

DeziBee

Registered
Hi Ladies!
Myself and my Argie partner are thinking of starting a family soon.. In Australia it's a big thing to take pre - during - and post pregnancy vitamins for your own and the babies health.. But it seems to be non existent here? I've been told I can take just folate.. and just a multi vitamin.. so, basically I ordered the vitamins online. I was hoping expat ladies who have given birth here could give me some information? If I have the babies here and not australia.. how are the vaccinations after birth? Is there a different process here in the hospitals or with check ups? Anything would be helpful thankyou! :)

Hi. I also thought it was necessary to have prenatal vitamins and ordered them online and of course never ended up taking them! if i remember correctly i took folic acid while trying to get pregnant and then during the first trimester. after that i was taking iron and a multivitamin that my OB prescribed.
In terms of vaccinations when we go to the doctor he writes a prescription and lets us know which ones we need to have done that month. (the first month of babys life you go to the doc every week and after that its once a month). we have galeno oro health insurance so i did everything at Trinidad Palermo (OB appointments, ultrasounds, birth, vaccinations etc.) which is nice to not have to go running around the city.

Do you have local insurance? If your planning to have the baby here, get insurance NOW...very difficult to do it once your pregnant.

1) Take folic acid now ... about 1mg (this will increase to 5mg once you get pregnant)
2) Go to the dentist! Make sure you have no dental problems. (pregnancy increases your chance of gum disease by A LOT)
3) Once you get pregnant and have insurance here your prenatal vitamins will be free with your plan.

Best of luck to you two!

oh they will? great! Yes I am with swiss medical, there was a 2 month waiting period for conception so we made sure we got that first.. and yes I have braces so see the doc every 3 weeks! thanks for your help!

I think this is a helpful blog for pregnant mommas in BA :)

http://mybababy.com/

Back