Pre Packaged Bacon Arrives to Argentina

scotttswan

Registered
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
3,715
Likes
3,541
TheBlackHand said:
I was pretty excited the other day when I went to Jumbo and found real BACON, smoked, cured and sliced to the perfect thickness ( at least for me ). I bought a couple pounds of the stuff just in case there's another shortage. Yes, Argentina has turned me into a hoarder :)

http://i.imgur.com/RK0Nh.jpg

Thats not proper bacon.

DTJKK.jpg


Is proper bacon!

But cheers for letting us all know, i'll be off to get some anyway
 

ElQueso

Registered
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
2,698
Likes
3,056
I think we're talking about the difference between US bacon and Canadian and European (or just British?) bacon. The picture BlackHand posted looks like the bacon I'm used to (at least more or less).
 

glasgowjohn

Registered
Joined
Apr 7, 2010
Messages
1,510
Likes
1,373
ElQueso said:
I think we're talking about the difference between US bacon and Canadian and European (or just British?) bacon. The picture BlackHand posted looks like the bacon I'm used to (at least more or less).

Danish bacon is the best in the absence of that great delicacy Ayrshire bacon......:)
 

TheBlackHand

Registered
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
518
Likes
155
Yeah. it's pretty much what im used to as well. The picture scott posted looks good but I would classify that more as ham.

ElQueso said:
I think we're talking about the difference between US bacon and Canadian and European (or just British?) bacon. The picture BlackHand posted looks like the bacon I'm used to (at least more or less).
 

solerboy

Registered
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
354
Likes
161
I look forward to when I can buy proper British Danish Bacon !
 

niceguyeddie

Registered
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
72
Likes
44
solerboy said:
I look forward to when I can buy proper British Danish Bacon !

The first meal I have when I get back to the UK is always a nice big fry up. Bacon, sausages, fried eggs, baked beans, toast and a mug of tea.........just writing it is making my stomach rumble.
 

scotttswan

Registered
Joined
Apr 16, 2010
Messages
3,715
Likes
3,541
niceguyeddie said:
The first meal I have when I get back to the UK is always a nice big fry up. Bacon, sausages, fried eggs, baked beans, toast and a mug of tea.........just writing it is making my stomach rumble.

you missed out black pudding, haggis and potato scones :rolleyes:
 
Top