Pre Packaged Bacon Arrives to Argentina

TheBlackHand said:
I was pretty excited the other day when I went to Jumbo and found real BACON, smoked, cured and sliced to the perfect thickness ( at least for me ). I bought a couple pounds of the stuff just in case there's another shortage. Yes, Argentina has turned me into a hoarder :)

http://i.imgur.com/RK0Nh.jpg

Thats not proper bacon.

DTJKK.jpg

Is proper bacon!

But cheers for letting us all know, i'll be off to get some anyway

I think we're talking about the difference between US bacon and Canadian and European (or just British?) bacon. The picture BlackHand posted looks like the bacon I'm used to (at least more or less).

ElQueso said:
I think we're talking about the difference between US bacon and Canadian and European (or just British?) bacon. The picture BlackHand posted looks like the bacon I'm used to (at least more or less).

Danish bacon is the best in the absence of that great delicacy Ayrshire bacon......:)

Yeah. it's pretty much what im used to as well. The picture scott posted looks good but I would classify that more as ham.

ElQueso said:

I look forward to when I can buy proper British Danish Bacon !

solerboy said:
I look forward to when I can buy proper British Danish Bacon !

The first meal I have when I get back to the UK is always a nice big fry up. Bacon, sausages, fried eggs, baked beans, toast and a mug of tea.........just writing it is making my stomach rumble.

niceguyeddie said:
The first meal I have when I get back to the UK is always a nice big fry up. Bacon, sausages, fried eggs, baked beans, toast and a mug of tea.........just writing it is making my stomach rumble.

you missed out black pudding, haggis and potato scones :rolleyes:

Back