Preschools in BA

Don McDaniel

Registered
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum. My wife and I are considering a move to BA in the next couple of months. I have tried a search, but haven't really found anything on the web about preschools. We have owned/operated schools for the last 8 years( infants-Kindergarten) and if there is the market for it, we have considered opening one.

My questions for the group are:
1) Is there a market for such an "American" type of schooling?
2) What do parents do with their children now while they are working?

Thank you for your help.

Donnie

There are many schools that serve this age group - sorry. There are free-standing private schools called both jardins and kindergartens, and many of the private primary schools have half-day programs beginning at age 2 or 3. There is even public free preschool, and, while the public schools as a whole have some serious problems, some of the preschools are supposed to be excellent.V from what I've seen, the programs are generally pretty good. We are quite happy with the one our daughter attends.

Don McDaniel said:
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum. My wife and I are considering a move to BA in the next couple of months. I have tried a search, but haven't really found anything on the web about preschools. We have owned/operated schools for the last 8 years( infants-Kindergarten) and if there is the market for it, we have considered opening one.

My questions for the group are:
1) Is there a market for such an "American" type of schooling?
2) What do parents do with their children now while they are working?

Thank you for your help.

Donnie

I have to echo Bawith kids here in stating that the pre school care here is very well done and ample - a mix of love and professionalism that would rival anywhere in the world. There's a pre school, private or public on nearly every block in the most residential neighbourhoods so it's hard to see how you could corner a market niche here. They offer coverage from 7.30am to 7pm, provide English, Computer, Phys ed, Music and Chinese classes as well as other specialities and provide full year opening hours Mar - Dec school year plus Jan - Mar summer school, with pools, outside activities etc. Never say never but you'd need to come here and study them in depth to see what your type of school could bring that would be more attractive. With the abundance of cash (or an appearance of such at least) local Argentine parents are willing to pay for foreign teaching techniques for the kudos value but it's hard to see a sustainable business prospect in that bearing in mind the fragility of the future economy...anyhow, these arethe ramblings of a layman so come on down and see what you find!

Thanks for the replies...glad to know that there is a market for the service. Fifs is probably right, given the economic situation we would probably refrain from spending the amount of cash needed to open a school. So maybe we'll just come down and enjoy the city!

Back