Present requirements to enter Argentina from the US

jbeas176

Registered
I have done the site searches. The info is old or I am not using the correct words.
I am fully vaccinated.
Pcr test 72 hours in advance
Go to ddjj and fill it out
Do I still need Covid health hospital insurance plan?
I don’t plan on using it so would go for high deductible.
Suggestions for present day companies selling Covid only plans.
I own an apartment and can deal with flight interruptions. Don’t want flight insurance and not on a work schedule. Feeling embarrassed I am not able to navigate this. Thanks in advance.

If there is a “entrance for dummies” thread would love it. Finding a lot of old info.

Ps..ps I travel as a tourist

For tourists:

Fully vaccinated
Pcr within 72 hour or antigen within 48 hours
health insurance that covers covid - no one cares about the deductible
The sworn statement

That's all. Easy peasy

I wrote this on a previous thread but it fits here. It was a challenge to find the Covid travel coverage so here’s what I found…

My insurance was checked by the airline in the US, and they did check it closely. My regular insurance does cover Covid, but there was nothing written they could provide me that stated this clearly. Isolation is also a glitch. So, I bought supplemental travel insurance that came with a letter that clearly said it covered both Covid medical and isolation. It cost about $40 each. It’s from Travel Insured International and is the Worldwide Trip Protector policy. I printed out the policy overview and kept the letter about Covid coverage on the top. Very glad to have a paper copy, as both the airlines and Argentine immigration were not happy about all the people scrolling through phones looking for documents.

Also, I’d bring the Abbott Binax Ag Card self tests with you so you can home test with a video proctor before your return to the US. Much easier than finding an appointment in Argentina.

I entered today, nothing was checked by the airline and the only thing checked by migraciones was my vaccine passport. No DDJJ, no health insurance etc. They told me I need a PCR between days 5 and 7, but online I can’t see anything about this. Anyone know if we still need a PCR post arrival??

mmoon. thanks. international travel quote 78.00 for 68 and 59 year old travelers for 2 weeks. hopefully i can spend time in my place for almost 2 years. garcias a dio

Back