Prices Compared to Peru

Mahara

Registered
Hi:

We are off to Peru and Bolivia in a few months. We will be needing to buy a few things for a bird-watching trip to the Amazon, specifically high-tech clothing, etc. These will probably be US brands.

Does anyone know if the taxes/customs/prices are less in Peru than in Argentina?

Thanks,

Mahara

jajaj.... sorry but... who cares Peru or Bolivia?... c'mon you've got to compare the argentinian prices with the europeans. That have more sence..

Well, not really - I am buying my stuff here in Argentina, or in Peru, not Europe.

M.

Brigadier said:
jajaj.... sorry but... who cares Peru or Bolivia?... c'mon you've got to compare the argentinian prices with the europeans. That have more sence..

This post smells of rascism and insecurity . Argentina is not Europe nor has been or ever been. We are in SOUTH AMERICA

Prices are generally going to be lower in Peru as they have a free trade agreement with the U.S. which eliminated a lot of tariffs on imported goods. So U.S. brands in Peru should be cheaper than in Argentina. However, I don't know if the specific items you want would be cheaper or not.

Hi Mahara,
If you are looking for camping clothes, North Face is cheaper in Peru. There is a good store that sells camping equipment and all for outdoor activities such fishing and is called Armaq. The website of this one is http://www.armasperu.com. Both stores are in Lima.

99% of the time mercadolibre is cheaper than the stores, I'd check there...

Back