Prison Break in Rosario

Redpossum

Registered
Here's the original -
And here's the Google machine translation -
https://translate.google.com/transl...63-otro-grave-incidente-con-evasion-en-pinero
The notable part is that the break was initiated from the outside. A group described as "commandos" apparently cut the fence with grinders and engaged the guards with automatic weapons.

As usual, Argentina's, uhh, unique version of Castellano doesn't work well with Google translate. For example, it says, "they drove away throwing miguelitos on the road, which caused the trailer of a truck that was circulating there to overturn". Which would prompt us to ask, WTF are miguelitos? I doubt that throwing small pastries filled with dulce de leche onto the road would have caused a semi-truck to overturn. From the context, perhaps something like a modern version of caltrops?

In any case, they seem to have been very well organized. Well enough organized to make me wonder if there isn't some foreign influence at work here. I love, admire and respect the pueblo argentino, but let's face it, organization is generally not their long suit.

***EDIT***
I found it! Down below a page full of recipes for "los miguelitos de mama", I found this reference
They are indeed a modern form of caltrops

straight out of Profugos. so, sure, maybe Freddy Farrugut did it. After all, the Chileans are the reason they are called miguelitos.

Back