Problem Travellers Going to Europe With Sputnik Vaccination

It has been announced by the Spanish PM as an applicable policy for Spain at least. It effectively excludes both Sinovac and Sputnik V.

Only WHO or EMA approved vaccines will be accepted for entry to Spain for foreign tourists. There is no alternative offered in Spain for admission for tourism (eg quarantine and/ or PCR) from the June date that the rule becomes effective.

Policy for other EU countries could vary but yet to be announced, however I personally suspect they would apply the similar standards.

This document from the WHO is interesting: https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_18May2021.pdf

I'd infer from the table that both Sinovac and Sputnik are very close to approval. Astra Zeneca and Sinopharm are approved. From the Infobae report, Spain seems to be applying WHO (OMS) rather than EU / EMEA criteria for whatever reason. In any case, those of us in Argentina are on a red list for several EU countries and not likely to go many places in Europe anytime soon.

I wonder if having a second, different vaccination is safe.

Back