Problems legalizing a DNI document with Ministerio de Salud (medical DNI question)

greenglasses

Registered
Hi everyone

I came to Buenos Aires for medical reasons and had lived here without the DNI prior to the pandemic. My bills in the US were unaffordable and after much research I realized I qualified for the DNI medico. For context:

- I had to pay an overstay fee once (in 2017)
- I spoke to migraciones and even had to ask for prorroga on my tourist visa this second round
- I began this process before my tourist visa (with prorroga) expired.
- My DNI process has already been paid for and I've uploaded everything onto RADEX but need help legalizing a document with Ministerio de Salud.

I need to legalize my medical history and Ministerio de Salud requires that that get a certificado de matrículas. I've been there in person twice already and have paid for this at Banco la Nación. I haven't been able to use TAD because I don't have DNI. Someone at Ministerio de Salud says I should be able to make my request (certificado de matrículas) online, but I don't have a CUIT or CUIL.

I tried using Mi Argentina and was able to sign up for an account there using my passport number. However, I can't verify my identity using the Mi Argentina app because it requires a CUIT or CUIL and won't accept my passport number.

I've been to migraciones in Retiro, and I was sent to migraciones in Hipolito Yrigoyen (near estación Avenida de Mayo), and I was asked to write a letter explaining the reasons why I haven't been able to legalize my medical document. The staff let me know that I do, indeed qualify for the DNI I'm requesting, but that since I have a private doctor and require a legalization from Ministerio de Salud, it's out of their hands.

I need to leave the country in May and return in June. It's my understanding that if you overstay twice you're banned. However, I'm in the process of getting my DNI and am unclear about

- 1. How to legalize my final document (certificado de matrículas)
Whether or not it's true that you can come back in as long as you're in the process of requesting your DNI.
- 3. My medical plan requires 6 operations. I had 2 already and can't get them done in the U.S. It's also not a good idea to switch doctors because I have an interdisciplinary team here and that kind of care is expensive in the U.S.

I plan to do a bit more googling and go back to migraciones next week for another consultoría and also upload what I have. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you.

Hi everyone

I came to Buenos Aires for medical reasons and had lived here without the DNI prior to the pandemic. My bills in the US were unaffordable and after much research I realized I qualified for the DNI medico. For context:

- I had to pay an overstay fee once (in 2017)
- I spoke to migraciones and even had to ask for prorroga on my tourist visa this second round
- I began this process before my tourist visa (with prorroga) expired.
- My DNI process has already been paid for and I've uploaded everything onto RADEX but need help legalizing a document with Ministerio de Salud.

I need to legalize my medical history and Ministerio de Salud requires that that get a certificado de matrículas. I've been there in person twice already and have paid for this at Banco la Nación. I haven't been able to use TAD because I don't have DNI. Someone at Ministerio de Salud says I should be able to make my request (certificado de matrículas) online, but I don't have a CUIT or CUIL.

I tried using Mi Argentina and was able to sign up for an account there using my passport number. However, I can't verify my identity using the Mi Argentina app because it requires a CUIT or CUIL and won't accept my passport number.

I've been to migraciones in Retiro, and I was sent to migraciones in Hipolito Yrigoyen (near estación Avenida de Mayo), and I was asked to write a letter explaining the reasons why I haven't been able to legalize my medical document. The staff let me know that I do, indeed qualify for the DNI I'm requesting, but that since I have a private doctor and require a legalization from Ministerio de Salud, it's out of their hands.

I need to leave the country in May and return in June. It's my understanding that if you overstay twice you're banned. However, I'm in the process of getting my DNI and am unclear about

- 1. How to legalize my final document (certificado de matrículas)
Whether or not it's true that you can come back in as long as you're in the process of requesting your DNI.
- 3. My medical plan requires 6 operations. I had 2 already and can't get them done in the U.S. It's also not a good idea to switch doctors because I have an interdisciplinary team here and that kind of care is expensive in the U.S.

I plan to do a bit more googling and go back to migraciones next week for another consultoría and also upload what I have. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Thank you.
You do NOT need to use your own account at MiArgentina to certify the Historia Clinica. Use the profile/login of a friend or someone you know. Once you submit the document it's ready within a few hours. You just download, and print and bring it to Migraciones with the original.

It's useful here to clarify terminology and concepts. You don't want a DNI Medico, instead you want a temporary residency as a patient undergoing treatment. (The DNI is a card you get once you've obtained the temporary residency.) To get the temporary residency, you have to submit a range of documents, which, once they reach a critical mass, entitle you to a precaria, which is getting to first base in your quest to obtain the temporary residency (which will, in turn, some time later, enable you to get the DNI). As DSP says, once you've got to first base (been granted the precaria), you can leave the country freely and come back. So you need to get to first base by May. It is not clear whether you have done so yet. I get the impression that you haven't: you have loaded a series of documents into RADEX but, unfortunately, one document is proving tricky. If you don't get the document legalized and uploaded to the system in time for Migraciones to process the full set of documentation and issue you the precaria you probably can't leave the country without the whole process falling through and having to start from zero next time you enter.

I can't help with advice on how to legalize the document, but I did just want to clarify the language, concepts and process. Your problem is that you can't yet complete the steps necessary to get to first base (the precaria). That is the problem you need to solve in the next couple of weeks. Once solved, you should get the precaria, and if that happens by your May trip you are fine to leave the country (flashing the hard copy of the precaria at the border official as you go) and then return to continue to second base (the temporary residency) and then third base (the DNI).

It's useful here to clarify terminology and concepts. You don't want a DNI Medico, instead you want a temporary residency as a patient undergoing treatment. (The DNI is a card you get once you've obtained the temporary residency.) To get the temporary residency, you have to submit a range of documents, which, once they reach a critical mass, entitle you to a precaria, which is getting to first base in your quest to obtain the temporary residency (which will, in turn, some time later, enable you to get the DNI). As DSP says, once you've got to first base (been granted the precaria), you can leave the country freely and come back. So you need to get to first base by May. It is not clear whether you have done so yet. I get the impression that you haven't: you have loaded a series of documents into RADEX but, unfortunately, one document is proving tricky. If you don't get the document legalized and uploaded to the system in time for Migraciones to process the full set of documentation and issue you the precaria you probably can't leave the country without the whole process falling through and having to start from zero next time you enter.

I can't help with advice on how to legalize the document, but I did just want to clarify the language, concepts and process. Your problem is that you can't yet complete the steps necessary to get to first base (the precaria). That is the problem you need to solve in the next couple of weeks. Once solved, you should get the precaria, and if that happens by your May trip you are fine to leave the country (flashing the hard copy of the precaria at the border official as you go) and then return to continue to second base (the temporary residency) and then third base (the DNI).
Thanks! I was able to get my document legalized with the advice I got above (ask another friend to use their CUIT). However, I had to go to Migraciones today and it turns out they were shut down because of the paro (strike). I will probably go back there tomorrow unless anyone else has a better tip. Thanks for the explanation though.

Back