Problems receiving Magazines on Subscription?

Liam3494

Registered
Does anyone on here subscribe to any magazines by post, specifically from the UK or Ireland, successfully? I ask as I want to subscribe to a couple of magazines that way, and apart from my own experience with a US based distribution of a magazine, I am not aware of how the postal service deals with this type of post. Aside from the time delay in receipt, does anyone actually get a magazine and have no problems in receipt, or have they had issues with non-arrival, or hold-ups in other ways - Thanks. PS - They are sports magazines I wish to subscribe to... Rugby World and Irish Runner.

Hello Liam
I've had no problems receiving mags here by subscription.
They come from the UK and are usually plain wrapped and although they may take a while they always arrive.
Hope this helps
Brian O'Driscoll still walks on water :)

My web design magazine almost never arrived in Bariloche, I had a subscription for a year and the first 4 months never arrived, then I got a post office box, (casilla de correo) and more arrived but not all.

I reckon there are loads of posties trying to learn English to read all these great magazines...

I subscribed to Private Eye and The Economist but delivery rate in BsAs was about 60%. I changed the delivery address to my son's place in the UK and it went up to 100% and I collect them when I go back to see him. Better late than never.

To be honest Steve, that's what I am afraid off. After my next trip home next month it will be 12 months plus before my next one, so want to set up the subscriptions as I don't want to miss out too much in the meantime - Guess it will be a case of suck it and see... Thanks for the info guys.

I have currently four subscriptions from the US that I bought there and have never missed an issue. However, I had been subscribing to the same magz for years in the US.

Postmodernchild said:
I have currently four subscriptions from the US that I bought there and have never missed an issue. However, I had been subscribing to the same magz for years in the US.

I've been subscribing for my two mags for nearly 40 years. When I lived in Ireland delivery was 100%, in Spain 100%, but in Argentina...around 60%. Normal mail isn't 100%, but better than magazines. Maybe the posties or whoever is reading them! I'm lucky in that I visit family 2/3 times a year, so I can catch up reasonably frequently.

StevePalermo said:
I subscribed to Private Eye and The Economist but delivery rate in BsAs was about 60%. I changed the delivery address to my son's place in the UK and it went up to 100% and I collect them when I go back to see him. Better late than never.

Sorry, I meant to say that from the US I never had an issue with any mail. I have lived 30 Years outside of Argentina sending different types of mailings and not once, truly, anybody did not receive one thing. I do trust my mail delivery person but I would be wary when the mails falls in the hands of neighbors and others who might be enticed by my fashion magz!
:D

Back