property confiscation

webmistress

Registered
Hello,
I am worried because a few of my expat friends in Mendoza have told me that the government here is planning to create a "retro-active" law that confiscates property which has been purchased by foreigners. They are selling their property quickly. I am unable to find any factual info about this and am concerned because immigration tells me there is little chance of me obtaining residency here, though I have lived here almost 5 years, have never left the country, have had an employee, and have paid all of the taxes required when i had a CUIT.. now a CUIL (better with no income).

Please share any info you have about this prospective law. I have already lost a lifetime´s income in fraud, extortion and theft.. any help appreciated.:eek::eek::eek:

Okay, so I've heard absolutely nothing about this proposed retrospective law (not that I particularly have my finger on the pulse, ear to the ground etc etc) and the first thought that jumped into my head is that is _exactly_ the sort of story one would put around if one was wanting to buy up property cheaply. The other thing: the rules about residency have changed and you are probably right that, from a permanent residency point of view, those five years probably count for naught BUT you would be immediately eligible to start the process for citizenship. Use the search feature on this site and read about citizenship - there is simply masses of information because it has been discussed a lot. See what you think.

There is a law project at Congress regarding to avoid that mega-companies renting huges ammounts of land. But we are talking about huge.

The private property of foreigners is protected by art. 14 and 20 of the National Constitution.

So, bulls....t

Regards

I agree that its BS. HOWEVER , dont discard the possibility of some ruffian approaching you to extort monies claiming he or she is from the "confiscation ministry " It has been known to happen

Back