Property Sale/purchase With Payment Outside Argentina

Liquid

Registered
I've trawled through the forum and I'm unable to find a complete answer to the following question:

Can payment for a property purchase be made from one foreign account to another - i.e. without the money passing through Argentina? Or would this cause headaches further down the line when it comes to re-selling the property - and proving the source of the funds.

There's nothing to hide, the aim is simply to have a 100% legal property transaction, when both the seller and the purchaser have accounts outside of the country. The funds are also 100% legitimate. (They're the proceeds of another property sale in another country.)

Furthermore, if either party has a permanent residency visa or is an Argentine citizen - does it change things?

Many thanks in advance.

I just sold a property and the money never went through Argentina, no problems. I believe the buyers still have to prove the source of the funds, not sure to who, but I know that our buyers had to do this.

I forgot to answer the second part of your question. One of the sellers was Argentine and spouse had DNI, both living in the US. Hope that info helps.

When I sold about 18 month ago the money went from the USA (non Argentine resident) to the UK (permanent Argentine resident). The only stipulation was that the bank account numbers had to be included in the escritura and copies of bank statement produced...not sure if the law has changed recently though....

We bought our house in Argentina, expat to expat and the money went from a US bank account to another US account. We had to job the origin of our funds but there was no issue.

An expat friend of mind just bought an apartment and paid the owner (an Argentine) abroad. He did not had to declare the origin of funds because it was less than 500K pesos.

We bought our house in Argentina, expat to expat and the money went from a US bank account to another US account. We had to job the origin of our funds but there was no issue.

An expat friend of mind just bought an apartment and paid the owner (an Argentine) abroad. He did not had to declare the origin of funds because it was less than 500K pesos.

Thanks for the replies. I've a quick question regarding drawing up the escritura to create suitable audit trail, so there's no problems further down the line when it comes to resale.

Assuming there's paperwork for an external transfer of U$100k then the figure on the escritura would be roughly A$500k i.e. at the official exchange rate of 1 USD : 5 ARS?

Back