PS5s Are Being Sold For 1700 USD At Ezeiza

To be fair, when you go to pay it's in pesos at the official exchange rate of the day, meaning today they sell for $184,671 ARS, or $875.72 USD with the best CCL rate. Still overpriced, but given the scalper cost it's cheaper than MercadoLibre, and about the same as in the US on eBay before Christmas, maybe a bit more since the price has come down after Christmas.

To be fair, when you go to pay it's in pesos at the official exchange rate of the day ...
The price is stated in dollars. Nobody will let you pay in pesos at the official exchange rate. If you pay by Arg credit card, then probably "dolar solidario" rate is relevant which is at 178 pesos now.

1641497442991.png

The price is stated in dollars. Nobody will let you pay in pesos at the official exchange rate. If you pay by Arg credit card, then probably "dolar solidario" rate is relevant which is at 178 pesos now.

View attachment 8050

That's not the case though, as you can see from this article I remember from November, the strongest peso is the Tax Free Shop one: Dólar free shop: qué valor tiene el dólar en los aeropuertos y cuánto se ahorra al comprar Se pueden adquirir artículos con precios en dólares pero que se abonan en pesos al tipo de cambio oficial de cada banco, sin al agregado del 30% del Impuesto PAIS ni el 35% de adelanto por Ganancias

Am I allowed to bring one PS5 in to Argentina without taxes?

My god, who has that kind of money? That would be the entirety of two months' income for me.

My god, who has that kind of money? That would be the entirety of two months' income for me.

Several of my employees have them for their family. Ipads and everything else. Gotta spend it rather than put it in the bank.

Back