Psychiatric Medication Prescriptions

chrissy1227

Registered
Hi all:

I'm a student here in BsAs, and I came in June with 3 months worth of medication prescribed by my psychiatrist back home.

I'll be running out in less than a month, and I want to make sure I'm on top of things so there is no chance of me having a gap in taking my medication.

I did a search on the forum, and suggestions to go see a Dr. Turner in Palermo is what turned up. I'm wondering if any of you have experience with seeing a psychiatrist and obtaining prescriptions here in Argentina.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

What's the medication?

Some medicines aren't available, others are hard to find, and others are available with out prescriptions in some pharmacies.

"psicotropicos" as they're called here can be prescribed by both psychiatrists and neurologists. If you're really worried about running out you could go to the neurological hospital (FLENI) and to the guardia. They'll take care of you. They should have someone on staff who speaks english but might not. Do you speak spanish?

Any good psychiatrist should be able to help you. Since you're already on a plan and a dosage (plus it's a short period of time) the process shouldn't be too difficult. Perhaps you can even have your doctor send you the prescription and present it to a pharmacy, although I'm not sure how that works exactly or if they'll honor it.

Back