Punta del Este

Rad

Registered
This must be the most overhyped, overpriced, boring and soulless lower middle class ("upscale" in South America) resort I have ever been to. What do people see in this place?

The glitz, the glam... Punte del Este baby. Never been there, it is far too expensive.

Moonwitch said:
The glitz, the glam... Punte del Este baby. Never been there, it is far too expensive.

More like concrete jungle and ugly people.

We visited Piriapolis today and I liked that place a lot more. It has a bit of an old world charm, cute little beach and hills in the back country.

Rad said:
This must be the most overhyped, overpriced, boring and soulless lower middle class ("upscale" in South America) resort I have ever been to. What do people see in this place?
Sounds to me like the Food in Buenos Aires has something in common with Punta del Este....

Rad said:

The lower middle class go there and the elite go to Mardel

Futboljunkie said:
The lower middle class go there and the elite go to Mardel
The lower middle class doesn't go anywhere cause they cant afford it. And where is Mardel? cause if you mean Mar del Plata you got to be stoned...or talking about the futbol huligan elite..

Rad said:

I agree and it´s also extremely small!!

I think if you stay in the main high-rise part of the area you are right, but there's a lot more to it than that. Some very nice residential areas and some great beaches, one of my favorite places in S.A. The food is about the same as in Argentina but more expensive definitely.

Yes, some surrounding areas are nice. Punta Ballena with Casapueblo for example. But PDE itself is crap that markets itself as Saint Tropez of South America. That's a really bad joke.

BTW, the restaurant prices in PDE are higher than in Vancouver and the service is pretty bad.

The like to see each other faces and congratulate in how they steal the money from the rest of us.

Back