Punto Cumbre at Megatlon

BaltRochGirl

Registered
Has anyone used the Punto Cumbre at the Megatlon on Riobamba 165? I miss climbing but wondering if it's really worth a monthly pass?

I haven´t no, but to those wondering their latest prices, I was quoted $4300 pesos @ Alto Palermo just last week (highest level membership). No cash discount on that price (for me anyway) for paying in cash (or for joining 2 people) however they did offer 2 bonus months (ie effectively a 14 month membership for that price).

I just got a membership yesterday Sport Club. I get access to all 28 (or something) of their clubs. 300 pesos per month, 300 pesos sign-up fee, and 60 pesos for the membership card, which has benefits. It's a really nice facility. Brand new equipment, brand new facility, classes, sauna, and a pool to open soon. The staff at the Belgrano location (near Sucre and Vidal.. forget the street it's on) is really nice as well.

And how long did you sign up for? (ie is it a monthly contract or per annum), was that a cash price?

I did want to look at Sportclub but for me I wanted something really close to my apartment, so went for WellClub. There are 2 locations within 4 blocks of my apartment, including one with a pool. I usually go to the one on Arenales (it has 3 levels), equipment is in newish and in good condition and although they dont have as much as Megatlon (and I assume Sportclub) it has everything I need. Plenty of space as well (dont feel crowded) and its not that busy even at night and during your normal peak times. Also has a pool and aerobics room (with classes).

I paid $2400 pesos for 12 months (ie 200 pesos per month), paid in cash and paid for 2 people. No medical required, no additional sign on fee or card, tag fee. Gives me access to all their clubs also (location on Arenales is open sundays as well).

trennod said:
I haven´t no, but to those wondering their latest prices, I was quoted $4300 pesos @ Alto Palermo just last week (highest level membership). No cash discount on that price (for me anyway) for paying in cash (or for joining 2 people) however they did offer 2 bonus months (ie effectively a 14 month membership for that price).

Interesting. My husband was quoted $4750 ($396/month) for 12 months at the brand spanking new one in Puerto Madero, but it is in the same "tier" as Alto Palermo, so they shouldn't be quoting different prices.

allcraz said:
Interesting. My husband was quoted $4750 ($396/month) for 12 months at the brand spanking new one in Puerto Madero, but it is in the same "tier" as Alto Palermo, so they shouldn't be quoting different prices.

I agree. When did he go?

I received the quote last Thursday and was told that price was only until Saturday and that they would be going up (however dont know if this was true or not, heard that one before from gyms).

trennod said:
I agree. When did he go?

I received the quote last Thursday and was told that price was only until Saturday and that they would be going up (however dont know if this was true or not, heard that one before from gyms).

We dropped in last Friday the 30th! How aggravating.

Back