Puratierra - a top restaurant

TrevorCito

Registered
Hi All,

I just want to recommend a small restaurant in Belgrano to you as a really good restaurant.

Give 'Puratierra' a go the next time you desire top quality food in a cosy/romantic environment.

The chef Martin Molteni speaks English and has worked around the world in France and Australia. He's a really nice guy and spent quite some time talking to us about his style and influences and does a good job matching wine to his food.

Tucked away in the back streets of Belgrano, Puratierra is one restaurant that I can recommend.

2 people, entre, mains + 1 bottle of wine (130): ARS $400.

http://www.puratierra.com.ar/english/index.html

Regards
Trevor

Agreed. We went a couple of months ago and thought it was great too.

One of my favorite place here, too. Need to go more often...

TrevorCito said:
Hi All,

I just want to recommend a small restaurant in Belgrano to you as a really good restaurant.

Give 'Puratierra' a go the next time you desire top quality food in a cosy/romantic environment.

The chef Martin Molteni speaks English and has worked around the world in France and Australia. He's a really nice guy and spent quite some time talking to us about his style and influences and does a good job matching wine to his food.

Tucked away in the back streets of Belgrano, Puratierra is one restaurant that I can recommend.

2 people, entre, mains + 1 bottle of wine (130): ARS $400.

http://www.puratierra.com.ar/english/index.html

Regards
Trevor

Thank you. I'll try it this week!

Very very much agreed. It's half a block from our apartment and we absolutely love it. Pablo, the headwaiter is very nice as well. We were in Mendoza eating at "Siete Cocinas" and something about it seemed similar to Pura Tierra. It was very much unique, but just something seemed to remind us of our favorite neighborhood place. So I went out on a limb and asked the chef at Siete Cocinas and he said, "Martin at Pura Tierra is one of my best friends. We studied together..." Sure enough, came back to BA, swung by to say hi to Martin and Pablo and I said, "Martin, you're not going to believe this, but we were just in Mendoza and..." He said, "I know, Pablo (his name's pablo too) already told me..." I asked him what it was they had in common, what was this indescribable thing that originally made us think to link the two. And he just smiled and said, "there's a certain code we both follow in the kitchen..." Well whatever that code is, it sure works. Highly recommend both places!

Stafford said:
Very very much agreed. It's half a block from our apartment and we absolutely love it. Pablo, the headwaiter is very nice as well. We were in Mendoza eating at "Siete Cocinas" and something about it seemed similar to Pura Tierra. It was very much unique, but just something seemed to remind us of our favorite neighborhood place. So I went out on a limb and asked the chef at Siete Cocinas and he said, "Martin at Pura Tierra is one of my best friends. We studied together..." Sure enough, came back to BA, swung by to say hi to Martin and Pablo and I said, "Martin, you're not going to believe this, but we were just in Mendoza and..." He said, "I know, Pablo (his name's pablo too) already told me..." I asked him what it was they had in common, what was this indescribable thing that originally made us think to link the two. And he just smiled and said, "there's a certain code we both follow in the kitchen..." Well whatever that code is, it sure works. Highly recommend both places!

What a coincidence!

Our apartment is just around the corner as well and we discovered the restaurant a few weeks ago while walking the streets. I hang my head in shame because I have lived in the neighbourhood for a few years now and hadn't taken the time to explore the restaurants in the barrio.

I ordered the lamb which was cooked to perfection in his clay oven. We tried the bacon pizza entre because of the clay oven and it was spectacular.

I'll have to keep 'Siete Cocinas' in mind the next time I'm in Mendoza.

Back