qualified chef seeks work

dreambrother37

Registered
Hello, my name is Chris. I am a recent expat from the states.
I am seeking a job in a restaurant here in BsAs. I have experience in all positions including management, but my main expertise is in the kitchen/sushi bar.
I have attached my resume below for anyone who might be interested..
Thank you for your consideration!

Chris Arnold
[email protected]
Virasoro 2234
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Experience

2008 - 2009
Ridgeway Country Club
Sous Chef

Ridgeway Country Club, founded in 1861, is the oldest, most established country club in the mid-south. Our members list includes distinguished names such as Leslie Balin and Morgan Freeman. My primary job is organizing and executing menus for a weekly Sunday brunch, a Wednesday night buffet, a Thursday night prime rib night, monthly Board of Governers meetings, new member and member-guest functions, pro golf tournaments, ect. Myself and the other sous chef have also begun a very successful authentic Mexican menu every Sunday night as well as a weekly menu change. Every Friday and Saturday night the guests have the option to order from a separate original special menu in addition to the regular house menu. I also work closely with the banquet staff for weddings, catering, and corporate events.

2007 - 2008
Yia Yia's Euro Cafe
Sautee Chef

Yia Yia's is a high volume Euro-Mediterranean style restaurant in the upscale district of Memphis, TN. In addition to our entire menu being rewritten quarterly, myself and the other chefs were responsible for a minimum of two original special dishes for both the lunch and dinner shifts daily. Every single item on the menu was made in house, completely from scratch.
I was primarily in charge of the sautee station and broilers on the line. This makes up for about 70% of ordered entrees for the dinner crowd. It was especially challenging for the fact that my station only had 6 stove eyes and each entree was a 3-4 skillet process. I quickly became very efficient as far as timing, staggering, and juggling orders in tandem with the 4 other stations on the line. I was also cross trained and just as proficient on the grill, pantry, and the brick pizza oven as well.

Hilton Hotel
Head Chef

During the summer of 2007, as well as remaining part time at Yia Yia's i was employed as the head chef for the "Rooks" restaurant located in the Hilton Hotel in Memphis, TN. My responsibilities included all bulk/daily prep and mis en place for both the lunch and dinner shifts. I was also in charge of all requisitions and inventory. I was responsible for a daily dinner special as well.

2006 - 2007
Norwegian Cruise Lines Of America
Head Sushi Chef

After a period of training and certification at the Harry Lundeberg school of seamanship in Piney Point MD, i was assigned to the newly- sailing flagship, Pride Of Hawaii as head sushi chef for the ship. I oversaw sushi output for the buffet and staterooms, planned private parties and menus for vip customers in the luxury suites, wrote requisitions, daily inventory logbooks, daily sales log books, wrote the menu for and ran the sushi bar in the Jasmine Garden restaurant. It was a 7 day a week, 6 straight month contract.

Additionally, while in the SIU school in Maryland, i was certified by
the Johnson and Wales Culinary University, The Joseph Sacco Firefighting School, The Jenks Group (in Communications, Conflict Resolution, Customer Service, and Team Leadership) The Seafarer's International Union, NCLA, and The United States Coast Guard (in Safety, Survival, Crowd Management and Control, Hawaiian Language and Culture, and Environmental law and procedure) I am also licensed as an American Merchant Marine by the US Coast Guard.

April 2003 - 2006
Sekisui inc.
Sushi Chef

From 2003 to 2006, I was employed by the Sekisui corporation in Memphis, Tn. With over 30 locations from Saint Louis, to Jacksonville and New Orleans, Sekisui is the most rapidly growing and successful chain of sushi bars, fusion bistros and lounges in the southeastern united states.
I have trained extensively under owner/founder, Jimmy Ishii, and directly under several of the corporation's top executive chefs.

My training included styles from traditional Japanese sushi and cuisine to pacific rim/ fusion. My fusion and pacific rim training was 1 year of 90 hour weeks under Mike Yeh, the highest regarded sushi chef in the southeast. He began making sushi professionally at the age of 11 and learned all of his fusion basics from master chef Nobu.
All of my traditional Japanese training came from 1 year of moving month to month, sometimes out of state, to train under the company's top Japanese master chefs. During this time i became proficient in Japanese as far as culinary terminology, working with non English speaking chefs, and proper conversing with Japanese guests. I have an average grasp of conversational Japanese.

Also, after working for Sekisui's corporate office for one year, I am experienced in catering/corporate functions, management, restaurant design, menu design, marketing, advertising, and training. I was one of the original designers and chefs at the now greatly successful Bluefin lounge/restaurant/sushi bar in downtown Memphis.

Some highlights were preparing sushi for Reese Witherspoon, Gwen Steffani, Gavin Rossdale, Horace Grant, Robert Patrick, Senator Ford, Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz on several occasions. Juicy Jay was a weekly customer of mine. Also, during the filming of "Walk The Line" Joaquin Pheonix became a regular customer at my sushi bar, coming in 3-4 nights out of the week. We became friends and he gave me the opportunity to provide catering for the cast and crew during filming several days a week.

Education Germantown High School Memphis, TN
Harry Lundeburg School of Seamanship Piney Point, MD
Johnson and Wales Culinary University Piney Point, MD

Back