Que Suerte!

nyer4ever

Registered
For those expats who had/have sketchy immigration status in Argentina BUT have children born here - take a moment to say QUE SUERTE today.
For all the hassles that we can experience living here at times, you have to give Argentina credit for handling many legal/humane issues swiftly and virtually pain free for foreigners- ie residency, citizenship.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/suit-alleges-undocumented-parents-denied-birth-certificates-citizen-children-n366111

For those expats who had/have sketchy immigration status in Argentina BUT have children born here - take a moment to say QUE SUERTE today.
For all the hassles that we can experience living here at times, you have to give Argentina credit for handling many legal/humane issues swiftly and virtually pain free for foreigners- ie residency, citizenship.

http://www.nbcnews.c...hildren-n366111

In the near future, Texas will simply execute them, to avoid further problems.

Dealing with immigration matters in Argentina is swift and virtually pain free? That's not what I gather from reading this site. As for the article you linked to, you (and the hapless reporter who cut and pasted from the plaintiff lawyers' press release) seem to believe that allegations in a lawsuit are necessarily true. Employ some critical reasoning first, blame America second.

EDIT: interestingly enough, Mexican citizens will be able to obtain Mexican voter ID cards (the document the plaintiff in the article was allegedly asked for in TX and couldn't/wouldn't travel to Mexico to obtain) at Mexican consulates in the US and elsewhere by the end of this year. The fact that this isn't the case now is really Mexico's problem, but it looks like it will be solved anyway.

EDIT 2: Hi. I'm an American liberal. What I hate most in life are people who look down on others based on their place of origin. And Texans.

Dealing with immigration matters in Argentina is swift and virtually pain free? That's not what I gather from reading this site. As for the article you linked to, you (and the hapless reporter who cut and pasted from the plaintiff lawyers' press release) seem to believe that allegations in a lawsuit are necessarily true. Employ some critical reasoning first, blame America second.

If you compare the requirements and cost for residency in Argentina versus other countries - yes it is swift and virtually pain free. Try becoming a resident in the UK, Israel or Japan to get a more global idea of where Argentina ranks.

Poor people, maybe uneducated, and also an ethic minority being denied there legal rights ...and in Texas ... sorry but there is a pattern of this occurring.

No one is "blaming" America - just shedding light on different immigration problems, this case just so happened to be in the US

Dealing with immigration matters in Argentina is swift and virtually pain free? That's not what I gather from reading this site.

I also was able to register my Argentine daughter's birth without issue in a single attempt. Both parents on an overstayed tourist visa.

If you have a kid--migraciones is really simple. I went from no status to permanent in one 3 1/2 hour appointment at migraciones along with my wife, US-born daughter. And then to citizenship for about USD80 for my wife and me in 12-15 months.

I do agree that migracion is still difficult in other circumstances... through employment and those that don't fit cleanly into one of the boxes. Definitely a struggle for many.

http://www.nbcnews.c...hildren-n366111
Texas is still under the illusion that it is country. They are so busy editing evolution out of text books that they just forgot about the constitution.

EDIT 2: Hi. I'm an American liberal. What I hate most in life are people who look down on others based on their place of origin. And Texans.

NOT important ... but curious, you're an American liberal from Texas ... or you're an American liberal that hates Texans?

To clarify->I'm American too, I don't like to generalize about the RESIDENTS of North, South, East, West and everywhere in between. The idea that NY'ers are rude, Southerners ignorant is antiquated. There are states that have troubling laws and practices but I try not to"blame" the residents. Just like I hope that people don't "blame" me for some of the practices of my birth country.

I love people who love to hate. I'm from Texas, not nearly a liberal nor a conservative, and I also love people who love to label. Hell, I'm more Christian than most Christians, and I'm not even Christian.

You gotta love ignorance. :D

I love people who love to hate. I'm from Texas, not nearly a liberal nor a conservative, and I also love people who love to label. Hell, I'm more Christian than most Christians, and I'm not even Christian.

You gotta love ignorance.

You are the star Christian writer of this foro! :rolleyes:

That is genuinely clever. I doubt that even Michael Caine could have said it better. Oh, wait a minute. Perhaps he already has: https://www.youtube....h?v=QJ882QYzr-M

This makes me wonder if the definition of American Liberalism now includes the redistribution of mirth.
emo32.gif

Back