Question about Colonia Express to montevideo

michaelk

Registered
Hello - I'm travelling to Montevideo next weekend and can't for the life of me find out how long the journey time is from Buenos aires to Montevideo on a Saturday with Colonia Express. It doesn't seem to be anywhere on the website unless I'm being very stupid.

If someone happens to know this and picks this up please let me know as I'm trying to book today and it's driving me round the bend.

Cheers

Michael

¿Cuál es la distancia entre Buenos Aires y Colonia?
La distancia entre Colonia y Buenos Aires es de 27 millas (50 kms)

¿Cuál es el tiempo de duración del trayecto?
La travesía se realiza en 50 minutos (de escollera a escollera)

source:
http://www.plataforma10.com/et/data/177/empresa.html

**Colonia Express**
Buenos Aires - Colonia 1 hora
Buenos Aires - Montevideo 1 hora hasta colonia + 2,30 horas a Montevideo en Bus.

Question? Where does the Colonia Express go?
A. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil?
B. Cordoba, Argentina?
C. Colonia, Uruguay?
The answer is, surprise, Colonia, Uruguay! After a delightful river cruise, one must take a bus ride to Montevideo, probably arranged by Colonia Express.
Buquebus has boats that go directly from BA to Montevideo

There is a boat that goes directly to Montevideo on Buquebus, took me about 3 hours and avoids an almost 3 hour bus ride from Colonia. The country side is interesting but I preferred looking at the water myself. It only runs twice a day though.

Dwight

Fred - question? Was I asking about:

a) the total journey time to Montevideo, including the bus from colonia
b) whether the colonia express goes to Colonia

If a) does that warrant a sarcy reply??

Cheers for letting me know that the colonia express goes to colonia though!

Ferry crossing to Colonia: 1 hour
Non-stop bus to Montevideo: 2.5 hours.

Colonia Express runs its own buses to Montevideo - wait right at the dock. Same goes for Buquebus

Hello

You can enter to Buquebus webpage and see availability I normally buy the tickets through internet and print them then you go to the counter and that`s all.
Iam a local and I buy with Visa I don`t know if there is a difference with people from abroad I hope this helps!
Reina

Back