Question about Digital Nomad Visa

HectorH

Registered
Hello,

Can anyone who has applied for and successfully received a Digital Nomad visa please confirm what your 'Tramitación de Ingreso Electrónica' says in the field 'MOTIVO'?

Is it 'ESPECIALES A JUICIO DE DNM - NOMADA DIGITAL'?

Thank you

i dont think i have seen anyone on here successfully get the digital nomad visa. there is not really any benefit to it

I briefly tried to get this. At some I remember the electronic process to apply required some impossible step, maybe the same one you're mentioning. Then I asked in the Ezeiza customs whether the agent knew anything about the digital nomad visa, and he said he'd heard about it, but never seen it.

Probably not a good option.

I briefly tried to get this. At some I remember the electronic process to apply required some impossible step, maybe the same one you're mentioning. Then I asked in the Ezeiza customs whether the agent knew anything about the digital nomad visa, and he said he'd heard about it, but never seen it.

Probably not a good option.
I got it very easily in 3 days after applying online.

Oh, excuse me. I interpreted your OP to mean that you were asking about people who had succeeded because you had not and were wondering what they did.

In this case, ignore my post, which was about the experience I had when this visa was first announced.

Three questions:

Is the Digital Nomad Visa valid for six months and then renewable for six months?

If that is the case, do the tax obligations change after the renewal?

Is the process repeatable for a second (consecutive) year?

you are a forum first, then! would be great if you could elaborate on your process since others will surely come along eventually with questions

Filled out the online forms on DNM website, attached the required documents like my CV with university studies and work history, proof of income, explained my work to them in the letter of presentation, paid the fee and submitted it. Then they sent it to the local consulate (Montevideo) who the next day told me I had to pay them another fee to pay within 24 hours. I did so and the next day they emailed me the visa. All up it was about $250 USD. It could be that some consulates simply take longer to process these requests, which would explain the problems others have been having. I can only vouch for Montevideo.

The visa seems to be renewable for another month according to the DNM decree that created it although I have no idea if anyone at migraciones would even know this since it's so uncommon, so it might be hard to convince them. Regarding tax obligations I have no idea.

Also the process on the DNM website is very weird, last century sort of stuff, a few times I was left wondering if the instructions were wrong. But if you follow them to the letter it does work.

At one point you have to pay a fee and then wait to get an email giving you access to a different area of the website where you actually submit the application. That bit had me confused, but it worked out.

Back