Question About Osde Abroad

polostar88

Registered
Does anyone know if you can use OSDE (310) abroad? I don't intend to get medical care in the US but would OSDE cover medical emergencies in the US?

Otherwise, what is the procedure for suspending OSDE when you're leaving Argentina for a while? Do they pro-rate to the middle of the month you leave or is the entire month due if you didn't cancel on the 1st? If there's a balance for the month can you pay it later online or when you come back to Argentina? How does this work?

Refer to the blue book that you received when you signed up with OSDE. Go to the very last page which is labeled Coberatura Internacional where there is a list of health centers in a few states that are covered if you want a second opinion about a health issue, the steps to follow and the amount limits that are refunded for services in the US that apply to your plan. This requires two years on the Plan.

The bill you receive each month is for the previous month of coverage. If you're leaving Argentina for a month, you don't stop paying the coverage.

Refer to the blue book that you received when you signed up with OSDE. Go to the very last page which is labeled Coberatura Internacional where there is a list of health centers in a few states that are covered if you want a second opinion about a health issue, the steps to follow and the amount limits that are refunded for services in the US that apply to your plan. This requires two years on the Plan.

The bill you receive each month is for the previous month of coverage. If you're leaving Argentina for a month, you don't stop paying the coverage.

Thanks for the info! I may be leaving for longer than a month though. Wondering if when you stop coverage it's prorated for the month or you have to pay that whole month...I'll ask them tomorrow and say what I find out though.

I was initially apprehensive of using OSDE and used the cheap Hospital Aleman plan.

but since I have used OSDE, I have been very pleased with them.

There is no coverage for treatment abroad with 310. Only to get a second opinion about something. Check your credit card. Many offer emergency medical assistance for free when traveling abroad...

I know Hospital Británico accepts to "freeze" your plan for several months if you're not in the country. A few years back I applied for it when I spent 6 months overseas. Don't remember the details though.

Back