Question about quaranteening and medical issues

chris

Registered
I know that on returning to BA you must quarantine at home. What happens if you need medical or dental care during this time?

I know that on returning to BA you must quarantine at home. What happens if you need medical or dental care during this time?
If you need to, talk to a doctor first via video call via your health insurance. As always it is your responsibility to inform them you are in quarantine and of recent travel. If they deem it an emergency they will tell you what to do and where to go. Note many doctors and insurance companies can also organize house calls with protective gear and protocols.

Obviously anything elective or non-emergency in nature you must arrange for after the quarantine no matter how inconvenient that may be.

For things like pharmacies, they can deliver to your door. You can get digital prescriptions from your doctor in a virtual consult.

If you need to, talk to a doctor first via video call via your health insurance. As always it is your responsibility to inform them you are in quarantine and of recent travel. If they deem it an emergency they will tell you what to do and where to go. Note many doctors and insurance companies can also organize house calls with protective gear and protocols.

Obviously anything elective or non-emergency in nature you must arrange for after the quarantine no matter how inconvenient that may be.

For things like pharmacies, they can deliver to your door. You can get digital prescriptions from your doctor in a virtual consult.

Where are these regulatiuons stated? Who determines what an emergency is? Is pain an emergency?

Where are these regulatiuons stated? Who determines what an emergency is? Is pain an emergency?
A doctor. Don’t try and game it and make a creative interpretation of the word - just call a doctor and talk with them on the phone or zoom, or if it is bad enough that you think you need hospitalization, call an ambulance directly.

Then at least if you have to go out and ever get caught or have issues in the future from breaking the quarantine, you can prove that you were doing it on doctors orders. IIRC there was something in the original DNU that provided for medical emergencies but not sure if that was related to travelers or not. Better safe than sorry - or being hung out to roast like Miami-guy in case you test positive around this time.

Emergency services have protocols. If based on what you tell them they consider you need to get attention in spite of being in quarantine you will get it, if not you will have to wait. In any case health workers treat any patient as a possible infected so it doesn't really make a difference.

A doctor. Don’t try and game it and make a creative interpretation of the word - just call a doctor and talk with them on the phone or zoom, or if it is bad enough that you think you need hospitalization, call an ambulance directly.

Then at least if you have to go out and ever get caught or have issues in the future from breaking the quarantine, you can prove that you were doing it on doctors orders. IIRC there was something in the original DNU that provided for medical emergencies but not sure if that was related to travelers or not. Better safe than sorry - or being hung out to roast like Miami-guy in case you test positive around this time.

I'm interested in knowing actual facts and not speculation. Sometimes posts on this site are speculative.

I'm interested in knowing actual facts and not speculation. Sometimes posts on this site are speculative.
Chris,

Everyone seems to be doing their best to help. Sometimes you have to sift through these posts to find what you are looking for. (I know that is the way it usually is for me at least.)

JMHO

Back