Question for Americans:Voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all I have to do is find a way to get it from the western part of AR to the consulate in BA....
Andreani is working fine - delivers stuff from Mercado Libre all the time. If you have so many questions, why not phone the Consulate? I'm sure there is a procedure to handle absentee ballots.

The election in November will require new methods for voting due to the pandemic and no mail service. The election must be held, so alternative means will need to be implemented for everyone. There are still four months to figure this out. I am hopeful that my state will change its rules from mail in absentee ballot to return by email. My ballots by Embassy pouch never arrive.

As noted in post #195 above : It can take up to four weeks for mail to reach its destination if sent by an embassy or consulate via diplomatic pouch.

Last edited:
This is what is taking place today in every state in the US to get the attention of those who represent us in Congress. I would be at my senator's house if I was still living in a Chicago suburb (although I'm much happier being in Buenos Aires).

The Movement for a People’s Party stands in solidarity with the demands of communities whose pain and struggle have been deeply exacerbated over these past few months. This is a time to make bold demands for justice. The communities rising up against police militarization, brutality and white supremacy are the same communities that are being hit the hardest by the pandemic and economic meltdown.

As a movement-party we recognize the importance of direct action to force corruption out and justice in. Our movement will rise to the occasion of this revolutionary moment by demanding passage of The People’s Emergency Pandemic Response from every U.S. Representative, Senator and the President.

Nationwide, on Saturday, July 11, 2020 we will protest the complete failure of both establishment parties to provide for the people during a global pandemic, economic meltdown, and uprising against police brutality.

Join us as we present our demands:

1. Defund police and divert funds back to schools and social services
2. Medicare for all
3. Cover payroll to keep people off unemployment and protect small businesses
4. Monthly $2,000 cash payments for all
5. Suspend rent and mortgage payments
6. Suspend student and credit card loan payments

This is what is taking place today in every state in the US to get the attention of those who represent us in Congress. I would be at my senator's house if I was still living in a Chicago suburb (although I'm much happier being in Buenos Aires).

The Movement for a People’s Party stands in solidarity with the demands of communities whose pain and struggle have been deeply exacerbated over these past few months. This is a time to make bold demands for justice. The communities rising up against police militarization, brutality and white supremacy are the same communities that are being hit the hardest by the pandemic and economic meltdown.

As a movement-party we recognize the importance of direct action to force corruption out and justice in. Our movement will rise to the occasion of this revolutionary moment by demanding passage of The People’s Emergency Pandemic Response from every U.S. Representative, Senator and the President.

Nationwide, on Saturday, July 11, 2020 we will protest the complete failure of both establishment parties to provide for the people during a global pandemic, economic meltdown, and uprising against police brutality.

2. Medicare for all
oh brother .....wow what a creative way to view life.

2. Medicare for all

Jantango, I like this. Clearly you understand the process of negotiation better than most Americans. You're never going to get all that you ask for, so start out asking for twice as much as you expect to get. If I'm trying to sell you a baby goat that's worth about 500 pesos, I begin by asking 1000 pesos, you begin by offering me 250, and we haggle from there.

The thing is that, aside from used cars, we Americans, at least in an urban area, seldom haggle over anything.

2. Medicare for all

Someone's been in Argentina too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back