Question for dual citizen holders

ajculberts

Registered
Hello,
The family is coming this June to Buenos Aires for a month. I have 3 kids and the oldest was born in Argentina, so she is a citizen. Her passport from Argentina expired probably 5 years ago. Does anybody know if she can enter Argentina with her USA passport and then renew her Argentine passport while we are staying there. I contacted the Argentine consulate in Los Angeles but they said one parent and her would have to come to the consulate to get a temporary one. Didn't really want to take her out of school to fly there just to do that.
If anybody else has been in a similiar circumstance would really appreciate to hear what you did.
Thank You
AJ

As argentine she can come back with DNI, birth certificate or US passport. Nobody cares. The problem is to leave Argentina without an AR passport but nowadays you can get a new passport fast.

Same thing happened with my daughter, she didn't have any problems travelling with her non-ARG passport to enter.

It’s worth mentioning that there could be trouble LEAVING Argentina if only ONE parent is traveling with her. I know that you said you’re traveling together but crazy things happen.

That’s not a problem if both parents are with her and that can be proved with a birth certificate or a DNI with the parents on it.

Or if you have a permit for her to travel on her own.

Wife will be traveling with us, so that part shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input.

Back