Question Re: Antecedentes Penales From Home Country

ba_phd

Registered
Dear forum, does anyone know if good conduct papers/antecedentes penales sent from your home country become invalidated only if you go back to your home country, or if they become invalid anytime you leave Argentina? I am preparing the paperwork for a student residency and have the good conduct papers from the US but my tourist visa will expire soon, so I was thinking of heading to Uruguay to renew.

Thanks very much for any info!!

Dear forum, does anyone know if good conduct papers/antecedentes penales sent from your home country become invalidated only if you go back to your home country, or if they become invalid anytime you leave Argentina? I am preparing the paperwork for a student residency and have the good conduct papers from the US but my tourist visa will expire soon, so I was thinking of heading to Uruguay to renew.

Thanks very much for any info!!

You do not need to have a current 90 day visa when you apply for temporary (or permanent) residency,

Going to Uruguay is "useless" (to quote the "immigration lawyer of this forum") and it won't "renew" your current visa if you do go.

Back