Questions About "precios Cuidados"

thorsten

Registered
There are a few things I don't get about this program and couldn't find information, so maybe someone can help me out:
  1. Is joining the Precios cuidados program voluntary are are companies forced to enter the agreement?
  2. If one can join voluntary, what is the incentive for the company (especially given they are fined in case of not providing all products for the set price)?
  3. Apart from super markets, are the suppliers of the products covered by the program also required to sell their products for a given price to the supermarkets?
  4. Are there any subsidies involved for providing some of the products for the given price?

There are a few things I don't get about this program and couldn't find information, so maybe someone can help me out:
  1. Is joining the Precios cuidados program voluntary are are companies forced to enter the agreement?
  2. If one can join voluntary, what is the incentive for the company (especially given they are fined in case of not providing all products for the set price)?
  3. Apart from super markets, are the suppliers of the products covered by the program also required to sell their products for a given price to the supermarkets?
  4. Are there any subsidies involved for providing some of the products for the given price?

The government has one answer to all these questions: "We'll make it up as we go along."

The supermarkets make little profit on the 130 products in the Precios Cuidados list, but have increased sharply the prices and profits on the other 9970 other prods in stock :D :D

Dunno some of the tins of veg that aren't priecios cuidados are actually cheaper

jajajajajaj maybe on a couple of instances jajajjaaj so that proves your case??? particularly if they are on a special promo or combo.

1. I'm pretty sure it's voluntary for the producer and obligatory for the retailer.
2. Lesser known brands get free advertising with a large amount of the cost born by the retailer
3. Yes, the agreement usually covers retail price and wholesale price.
4. Cooking oil at the very least, sunflower oil and soy bean oil, have their price subsidized by exporters of the same.

I recall my economics professor from the university saying something about this last semester. I should have paid more attention that day, but I think he said that the government pays a subsidy to the companies to sell to the major supermarkets at a discount price so that the precios cuidados can be offered to the general public.

I recall my economics professor from the university saying something about this last semester. I should have paid more attention that day, but I think he said that the government pays a subsidy to the companies to sell to the major supermarkets at a discount price so that the precios cuidados can be offered to the general public.

Last semester we still had precios congelados not precios cuidados.

Anyone who is interested in see the actual precios cuidados in a specific supermarket can find them using the search feature here:

http://www.precioscuidados.com/inicio

I was able to see that the precio per kilo of roast beef at Walmat in Bahia Blanca is $43,47, but that doesn't mean there will actually be any available for purchase there at any given time.

Back