Questions about the Rentista Visa Qualifications

Valerio

Registered
Hello, I have been reading this forum for a while and found so much helpful information. Honestly the sense of community found in this forum is what I miss most about Argentina. After living as a Perma-Tourist in Argentina(for only about 1.5 years) I moved to China about 4 years ago for work with the goal of saving up and finally trying to live in Argentina legitimately.

Now my wife and I are ready to move back. Financially we have prepared everything to qualify for the Rentista Visa... the only problem is the Criminal Background Check... Now getting it from the States wont be difficult... We can get a FBI background check not a problem. But getting it in China is impossible. Because the last two years we also lived here like "perma-tourists".

Does anybody have any advice as to what we can do in this situation to qualify for the Rentista visa... (it requires a criminal background check from the country you lived in in the past 2 years)

My first thought... was "losing" our passports and just getting an FBI Background check and settle for that. But I don't know if that will do it...
Any help would be appreciate it...
Thanks in advance for everything...

Have you contacted an expediter for the China Police Clearnace to see if they can do it regardless of your visa status when you were in China? It's been quite a while since I was in China, but I feel like they will do the clearance for you.

Here the link to the first one that I found on a google search.

Have you contacted an expediter for the China Police Clearnace to see if they can do it regardless of your visa status when you were in China? It's been quite a while since I was in China, but I feel like they will do the clearance for you.

Here the link to the first one that I found on a google search.

That sounds like excellent advice: even if they've no record of the OP then it plainly indicates there's no criminal activity to report. Even though my mother was born there[1] I've never been to China but I wonder if their attitude to unauthorised residence might not be quite as laid back as that of Argentina. Would an admission of overstaying make it more difficult to get permission to return in the future?

[1]Strictly speaking, she was born on a British gunboat anchored off-shore on account of there being civil unrest/war/riot/something or other going on at the time and all the foreigners had been evacuated.

Last edited:
That sounds like excellent advice: even if they've no record of the OP then it plainly indicates there's no criminal activity to report. Even though my mother was born there[1] I've never been to China but I wonder if their attitude to unauthorised residence might not be quite as laid back as that of Argentina. Would an admission of overstaying make it more difficult to get permission to return in the future?

[1]Strictly speaking, she was born on a British gunboat anchored off-shore on account of there being civil unrest/war/riot/something or other going on at the time and all the foreigners had been evacuated.
Thanks for your replies. I checked that as well when searching... And it says this

*Note: According to our years' experience, only residenc permits (for work or for study) are accepted when applying for China police clearance certificates. Other types of visas, such as L tourist visas, previous F business visas are NOT accepted at all.
On the other hand.... When I checked the page from migraciones for "Radicación de Rentista" they only required the "Antecedentes Penales" from "Paid de origen" so If that's accurate then technically I'm okay. But that page is not up to date in regards to the amount of fixed income one must demonstrate. It still says 8000 pesos on that page. Which we all know it's out of date.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help.

Back