Quick SENASA Question: USA to BA

Quinn

Registered
Hi there! I'm traveling in the US right now and headed back to BA in a few days.

I have done a number of USA to BA trips and vice versa over the past year with my dog.

My question is this: has anyone come to BA with a USDA certified APHIS 7001 form that was older than 10 days?

I usually would be going to the vet in LA and to the USDA office there and headed to BA just 2-5 days later.

But this time, it worked out that the LA leg of the trip and when I got the certificate was 12 days before I arrive in BA. As a precaution, I also went to a vet here in New York and got an APHIS 7001 form filled out under the 10 days...but it's not certified.

So in total I have:
1) A SENASA form that states it's good for 30 days (since the US doesn't check/take paperwork)
2) A 12 day old USDA certified Aphis 7001 form
3) A 6 day old Aphis 7001 form that is not certified.

Soooo.....

Any oft-pet-travelers recommend I FedEx my form to a USDA office to be certified? Or do you think I'll be alright with the 12 day certified form since it states it's valid for 30 days?

Thanks in advance!

Quinn said:
But this time, it worked out that the LA leg of the trip and when I got the certificate was 12 days before I arrive in BA. As a precaution, I also went to a vet here in New York and got an APHIS 7001 form filled out under the 10 days...but it's not certified.
Have you ever thought about a fake one? Nobody even looks at the paper or the date.

Back