Rapid coronavirus tests at train stations

MilHojas

Registered

Tomorrow the Ministry of Health starts conducting rapid tests at Constitucion train station, with Once and Retiro stations to follow. This is a serological test, it shows whether a person has antibodies for the coronavirus. This does not mean that he is sick right now, it is possible that he had the coronavirus infection in the past.

I guess they want to find out the percentage of asymptomatic cases.

I’m thinking they would also like to know who has had it and may now have some level of immunity (and be able to go back to work or help others, with blood plasma donation). Italy has even been considering the idea of a kind of antibody ID card, which has all kinds of pluses and minuses. But, this was in Sunday’s New York Times. I would be curious to know what test Argentina is using and how reliable the results are.

I’m thinking they would also like to know who has had it and may now have some level of immunity (and be able to go back to work or help others, with blood plasma donation). Italy has even been considering the idea of a kind of antibody ID card, which has all kinds of pluses and minuses. But, this was in Sunday’s New York Times. I would be curious to know what test Argentina is using and how reliable the results are.

They are finding in South Korea that people are getting reinfected. So, the immunity theory might not work with this virus. So much is still unknown. And the unknown is always scary.

They made 425 tests yesterday at Constitucion station. No positives at all.

The Minister of Health said that it means that virus circulation level is low.

Or may be it is a problem with Chinese tests?

Back