Re: Definition of a 'gato'

[you must be joking... man in argentina rarely spend a dime. quite the contrary, american guys do when they ask you out, which is lovely. A gal does not expect to have a free ride, that's to be seen as a "sample", which a person isn't, dear.
quote="rmartinbuenosaires"]I find that most Argentine women, unlike their American counterparts, are mostly looking for a free ride, so to speak. Part of it is Latin culture where the male pays for everything, treats them like Goddesses and caters to their every whim. Ultimately it is the men who feed into this concept because they think they are going to get something out of it. Women in Argentina NEVER pay for anything and that is expected. My perception, particularly in my neighborhood (Recoleta) of women here is unfortunately very negative. Most of them look like whores or tranvestites and can offer nothing of value. Luckily I am gay so none of this matters one bit to me but I will say that when women here don't get the attention they think they rightfully deserve or get their way, they become very insolent and rude. As I always say, "I ain't buyin' what you're sellin'" and they don't like that since I am not under their "spell".... [/quote]

Have to agree with rmartinbuenosaires on this quote:
"There is a large amount of men here who claim to be married, have kids, straight, etc. and in reality are closeted gay men or bisexual who cannot except themselves for who they are and live their lives. It is quite sad."
My husband has many friends that are very closet here. But the crazy thing is everyone "knows" they are gay but nobody discusses it. That friend may never bring a lover to an assado. They always attend alone, how sad is that? bringing along their lover would be tooooooo shocking for the argentine mentality.
Definition of a Gato:
I asked my darling husband who is neither narrow minded nor judgemental. He is also very well travelled so I trust his comments.
He tells me a Gato is a very high class hooker. She dresses well frequents bars but never does the streets, but yes she takes money for sex. Seeing as my husband many years ago fell "in love" with a very well know madam here in Argentina/uruguay ,I think he knows his stuff when it comes to bordellos in BA and Punta . Of course his love affair was one sided and cost him three years of his allowance from his family. hahaha!
Now are argentine women loud?
have to say boys and girls I am british and very loud much louder than my argentine girlfriends. If you mean do Argentine women all speak at the same time at dinner parties I would have to say yes and speak is the wrong term, they tend to squarck!.
But then again so do the men, worse than the volume what pisses me off is the way they trash the dinner table and use each others soiled drinking glasses YUK!! lets not even discuss mate. No wonder hepatitis is rife here!
Oh, by the way, my husband calls me a yegua! should I worry? ROFL!!!!!!!!!

"auntieapple" said:
Oh, by the way, my husband calls me a yegua! should I worry? ROFL!!!!!!!!!
Hello Auntieapple,Yegua is not so nice, tell him he should call you "potra" instaed. ! lol

Dear Tatan and RMartin;You two should get together for a beer somewhere and have a good laugh at how serious you both are taking each other's comments. While we all get caught up with our emotions when we are passionate about a particular subject matter; we should strive to be diplomatic about our responses. Personal attacks on ones character destroys constructive dialogs. If you have something personal to say to someone, email them a personal note. Don't hash it out on public posts! "Can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King

Mitscherman,
I am not going to have a beer with someone who thinks argentines in general are trash.

Back