Ready for some (NFL) football

FAS

Registered
I would have thought this question would come up every August, but a forum search revealed no threads dedicated to the NFL. What's up with that?

So, does anyone know of a good place to catch regular season NFL games? Sundays and Sunday nights, of course, but also the Monday night ESPN games?

"Good" is this context means large televisions, comfortable chairs, reasonably priced beer, and plenty of other Broncos fans who think Tebow is kind of a dipshit.

Also, do any of the bazillion Argentine sports channels carry the NFL regularly? Is the coverage any good?

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks!

Hey Fas.... well I think the sports bars arent really good at all.... but you really have the El Alamo, Casa Bar and Sugar.... those are almost it for NFL coverage there are a couple more here and there with a slingbox but it is limited!!!!..
The NFL games usually are on regular cable TV for the Sunday night games and Monday Night Games....

The best thing is to find a person with a sat. dish... with Directv you can get the NFL Sunday Ticket... for 99 pesos a month... so you can get every Sunday game.. but you dont get the monday games or thursday games when they are played just Sunday..... drop me a message if you want to check out a game.. or if you can tolerate a Charger fan (since you are a Bronco fan)..well you can drop by and watch a game sometime....
We need to set up a meet up for football.. maybe Sugar since it might be big enough for a group.. Alamo gets so crowded you cant sit and the smoke inside kills me! but someplace somewhere we need to get NFL going... well good luck.. and YES I AM READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

Steve - A Charger fan?..... Me too..... Do you follow the Padres at Stickball too - Top of the pile at the moment?

Of course I am a Charger fan...and a Padres fan... I grew up in San Diego
I have been tortured by them most of my life.......
we will have to get some people together for a game in Sept!!!...cheers!!!

OK - I'm a Browns Fan -- used to losing but still in it for the fun. Have watched on Sundays at the Alamo for a couple seasons. The smoke is bad -- but the crowd is fun. Decent bar food. Must get there super early to get a table...

Let me know where you land...will try to join.

Do any of the bars have multiple games on Sunday?? On plasmas?

We went to some place last year and they had the Dolphins on TV behind the bar, and then the rest of the Tv's had some weird internet thing that basically showed 30 second highlights in an endless loop. It was beyond pathetic. I thought it was Alamo, but I may be wrong.

Regular cable had the ESPN games, also seemed to me that the feed was different compared to back home. Obviously, announcers in Spanish, but also the camera angles where "strange", so I can only assume different control room for the Latin American feed.

Direct TV gets the American broadcasts? Is it common for people to have "the dish"?

Has anyone figured any sort of internet hack/option? even to pay? I know for example NHL/MLB you can pay for viewing games through the league website.

There was a bar in Las Cañitas that advertised having NFL games last year, but I can't say the name... End of Ortega & Gasset I want to say... I think I'll probably be going to Sugar since it is close. Colts fan! (pre-Payton, but of course post-Payton, too)

NOt sure if Ba qualifies, but this was in the NYTimes recently i just saw it:

DIRECTV OFFERING IS LIMITED The new online version of DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket will be available to only a small portion of the country — contrary to the promise of much broader accessibility contained in its own internal promotional material.
DirecTV will stream Sunday afternoon games to computers and mobile devices starting next month, extending last year’s test in the New York market. But it can be bought only by those fans who absolutely cannot get DirecTV — not those who do not want to get a satellite dish or cannot afford one. If DirecTV deems a location viable for its service, residents there will not be eligible for the $350 subscription.
“This is a product for the very small number of people who can’t get DirecTV,” Robert G. Mercer, a DirecTV spokesman, said in an e-mail.
DirecTV will post the details on its Web site on Sept. 8.

Reactions: tez
Please let me know if any of you guys are going to get together on Sunday to watch the games. I mainly want to watch the Colts game but am up for any watching any other ones to get my football fix.

My claim to football greatness _ I worked with a guy who was Johnny Unitas's backup and was on the bench for the game that put the NFL on the map - the 58 playoff with Colts at NY Giants.
p.s. Alamo is a dump. How is Casa Bar?

Back