Reasonable priced clothes shops?

kavanap

Registered
Hi everybody,

Can anyone recommend shop(s) in Bs. As. where I can get some reasonably priced polo shirts, t-shirts, jeans etc. I have just been to Abasto Shopping Center today and its difficult to find a pair of socks under 200 pesos! For example, a decent shirt in Zara, which normally costs $50 in US, costs about 400 pesos here! I’m not looking for high end branded goods, just some reasonable priced presentable clothes.

Gracias

If you can wear extra large you are in luck. I was just at Brest (Guido and Ayacucho) and they have polo shirts on sale for 110 ARS but mostly in size XL (though there were a few Ls & Ms)

It's summer clearance.

Some good cotton trousers as well for 199

Ps I am going to Montevideo soon, are the shops any better there?

I've had luck shopping at MACOWENS. Great for standard men's clothes for casual and office wear. Good prices and discounts on certain days paying with credit cards. Lots of branches all over Buenos Aires. The guys who work there are pretty helpful too, not your usual snotty Buenos Aires salespeople.
http://macowens.com.ar/

Go to outlets or buy wholesale. There are some on Av. Cabildo in Nuñez. You can also buy clothes wholesale in Flores directly from the factories. I go there with girlfriends because each small store has a minimum purchase of 4-8 pieces. But it is very cheap! (Granted... quality is not amazing but I don't expect it at the prices this barrio offers)

Also ask your Argentine girlfriends where their favorite 'showrooms' are (they use the english word for this). Young Argentine aspiring designers often open their own small stores that are on less-crowded streets or even the 2nd floor and they sell cool trendy styles at good prices! PM me if you want the addresses for a couple of these

edit: just realized you may be a man so disregard most of my advice, which is geared toward women! sorry..

You can get "high end" brands at low prices if you know where to shop -- consignment/resale shops known as FERIAS AMERICANAS. Look for these places in your neighborhood, and you may be surprised at what you can find for very little. Also read the classifieds on the weekend in La Nacion under the same heading. Ferias Americanas have men's and women's clothing.

I have clothes and shoes from Italy and France that I bought for practically nothing at a consignment shop or weekend house sale. I have Chanel, Prada, Dolce y Gabbana, Bruno Magli, Charles Jourdan shoes that cost me a lot less than new shoes. Last week I bought a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes that were worn once or twice for 70 pesos.

It takes a bit more time than going to one store to find everything you want and need in your size, but it's worth it.

Back