Received Us Dollars Via Ria In Buenos Aires

Macanudo

Registered
Don't know if this is breaking news, but just thought I'd share the information that we can receive US dollars here in Buenos Aires using Ria money transfer. It took about a week for the transfer to go through and when I went to pick it up, they tried to give me pesos, but said that if I came back the next day they would have dollars.

Not all of the listed pickup locations for Ria are willing to give you US dollars. You should go and verify at a particular location that they actually will give you dollars before sending the money.

I believe all of the Argenper SA locations will give dollars but not the Magui Express offices, but like I said go and check to see if the place you plan to send money to will give you dollars.

Don't know if this is breaking news, but just thought I'd share the information that we can receive US dollars here in Buenos Aires using Ria money transfer. It took about a week for the transfer to go through and when I went to pick it up, they tried to give me pesos, but said that if I came back the next day they would have dollars.

How much was sent? How much did you get eventually?

I got the maximum amount that you can send at a time and was paid in US dollars.

You can not send money to yourself using Ria, you have to have someone else send it to you. The maximum amount is $2999. per transaction and I think you can do a maximum of 2 transactions a month with a total limit of $9,997. every 6 months. If the money is sent from a US bank account, they only charge a $10 transaction fee (not too shabby). The fee is higher if the money is sent using a Debit $34 or Credit card $75.

So, someone sent you $2999 from the states and you received the same amount in cash USD after 7 days for just $10 transaction fee. That is unbelievable.

Is it possible that they converted the amount into peso once (which is normal) and when you insisted to get dollars, they just exchanged it again into USD?. That's double conversion and the amount received in hand (in USD) should be a lot less than the amount sent (in USD).

But again, this is Argentina. Anything is possible.

Back