Receiving A Package From Abroad.best Way To Send?

johnw100

Registered
Hi

I have some things I want sent over from the UK to Argentina (personal items,documents, shoes,etc)and after a couple of bad experiences I`m wondering how they should be sent.

So far I`ve had things sent normal post in letter format and they all arrived (6 so far) one via india!?, I`ve had a box sent over via fedex which proved a nightmare, needing faxes sent over from the sender, 2 days of waiting at customs trying to get it. Then I had 2 tracked/signed for items in envelopes that disappeared after arriving in Argentina and never seen again. But i`ve also had 2 packages of clothes sent over and they arrived after 6 days and were signed for/tracked.
So now i`m wondering how to send this new package as it seems a bit of a lottery, whether just to get the package sent normal post or tracked?
I really dont want this one to go walkabouts.

Thanks

Not sure i recive letters and packages from Germany without problems and never lost any of them, but i supose is a lotery in some point and depend a lot from where it comes. i use the normal service to send and recive.

Use a Air Freight courier. Yes it will cost more. But they have daily relationships with customs. And always get their stuff through. Generally with no delays or major extra duties.

I'd send the documents through separately either via international signed-for or fed-ex. I've never had any problems receiving paperwork via those two services from the UK (though I had a massive delay once when I used Parcel Force). For any other items, shoes etc, I've experienced the same lottery-like service from the UK with every mail serviced I've used. I don't think its so much the postal service itself as to whether anything's been grabbed/stolen by customs. If its anything that you can possibly get here in BA, it might just be easier (and probably cheaper in the long run) just to purchase what you need here.

Yes I`d sent documents before via international signed for and they went missing. Posted 2 months ago, arrived in BA and then vanished. Previously i`ve had letters sent normal airmail and they all arrived. I feel tracked letters may look inviting to the postmen here as theyre easy to stuff into pockets.
So going to try a larger tracked package this time and pay the customs vultures when it arrives.

On the topic, I just went to post a letter at the correo. The envelope had a small scribble down the bottom corner that my kids had done. They refused to accept it saying it was dirty. And of course they didnt sell envelopes so had to talk 3 blocks to find a new one. This is what frustrates me about this country, on the one hand you have broken floor tiles outside the correo but they complain that I have a small scribble on my envelope. Petty!

I'd send the documents through separately either via international signed-for or fed-ex. I've never had any problems receiving paperwork via those two services from the UK (though I had a massive delay once when I used Parcel Force). For any other items, shoes etc, I've experienced the same lottery-like service from the UK with every mail serviced I've used. I don't think its so much the postal service itself as to whether anything's been grabbed/stolen by customs. If its anything that you can possibly get here in BA, it might just be easier (and probably cheaper in the long run) just to purchase what you need here.

Back