Receiving cash from other countries in BA amid quarantine?

jlsronce

Registered
Does anyone know if there is still a way to send money here from the other countries? Is Western Union still operating? I can still pay with credit card or take cash out of the ATM as a last resort but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if there is still a way to send money here from the other countries? Is Western Union still operating? I can still pay with credit card or take cash out of the ATM as a last resort but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons.
Western Union is still operating. Online. There are no offices open in Buenos Aires right now. From here you can transfer bank to bank. Or to a cash pick up location in a country that is not in lockdown. All the information is found on their website.

Western Union is still operating. Online. There are no offices open in Buenos Aires right now. From here you can transfer bank to bank. Or to a cash pick up location in a country that is not in lockdown. All the information is found on their website.
Dear Aztangogirl, unfortunately you can't even rely on anything that WU says if you call them, nor anything the website says. The only information worth beans is what you read on this site about personal experiences. (Support told me that my account was frozen....next day a transfer came through. Right now the money is just sitting there)

Western Union is still operating. Online. There are no offices open in Buenos Aires right now.....
You are posting erroneous information. The only WU outlets which are currently functioning are located in Correo ARG offices. Read the latest posts on: Western Union money transfer. I picked up my last cash transfer on March 27th at my neighborhood office of Correo Argentino on March 27th.

Does anyone know if there is still a way to send money here from the other countries? Is Western Union still operating?
I can still pay with credit card or take cash out of the ATM as a last resort but I'd rather not do that for obvious reasons.
YES....the only WU outlets which are currently functioning are located in Correo ARG offices. Read the latest posts on: Western Union money transfer. I picked up my last cash transfer on March 27th at my neighborhood office of Correo Argentino.
YES...you can still pay with credit card or debit card at supermarket chains or take out cash from ATM's at banks.

Last edited:
You can try transferwise. They’re a worldwide outfit. I’ve use it to transfer $$$ from the US to my bank in BA.
I don’t know if they have a cash pick up option.
Good luck.

Western Union is operating at the post office and will pay out on your passport. Pueyrredón and Santa Fe paid me out yesterday.

Back