Receiving Mail/Packages in Argentina, Has Anything Changed?

polostar88

Registered
One time I got a package with some books and a second cell phone and I had to go in to the Retiro office to pick it up because for home delivery they tried to put some ridiculous $300 (dollars) tariff on it. I did convince the guy at the post office to let me pick it all up for free but I don't want to go through that again. Can you receive mail/packages now in Argentina like you can in normal countries? I need especially to receive a few supplements (for personal use).

If you have an address (Certificado domicilio) and you send any parcels simple, You may have a chance. We receive magazines from home, sometimes they arrive, sometimes they are sent back and sometimes they come with demands for money. You simply take that chance here. Be warned though it is all at your own risk. Try to send registered and you guarantee problems.

Anyone here know if the situation with Correo Arg has improved re: receiving a letter-sized envelope from the US to a private residence in Cap Fed? This would be a friend sending me my new debit card. Too risky if sent regular air mail and/or certified? Any suggestions?

If the card has not been activated yet, your friend can send it by regular air mail without any problem. However I'd refrain from sending activated card in that way. There's a small chance that it might get stolen.

Back