Receiving Package From Abroad

Vermonter

Registered
Hi folks,

I've had a card sent to me from abroad and after checking on the official Correo website I've learned that it arrived and that two attempts were made to deliver it. The problem is the website doesn't say where I can go to pick up the package. It says that I've been notified the package has arrived and that I will need to complete a form in order to pick it up. I don't know what the form is that I need to fill out and if it is even necessary.

I assume my letter is in the Correo Central, but I don't want to go there, wait for a few hours and then find out its somewhere else or that I need to fill out a form to receive it. I believe all I would need is my ID but perhaps no.

Any advice from those who have experience with this is much appreciated.

Cheers

small things like envelopes shouldn't go correo central. they should go to the post office nearest to where it was sent. it should have said that on the notice. not sure though what your form says; wanna scan it ?

Thanks for the reply Lucha54. The problem is I never received a form and thus don't know where the envelope disappeared to. My family gave me the tracking number and I checked the number on the official correo central webpage and it didn't say much except that an attempt to deliver the package had failed.

I never received any forms and that's why I'm confused. The site says that it was sent from Zona 1 Metro office, but I'm not sure how to find where that is or if my letter is still there.

Any more assistance would be wonderful. Thanks!

well i can nearly guarantee that if they attempted to deliver it to your door, you won't have to go to Retiro to pick it up. But that is so strange that you don't have the pick up slip (it should have a sticker with a barcode or something on it so that when you take it in they remove the sticker and keep it on their planilla). Sorry i can't be of more help.

That's okay, thank you for all the advice you've given me! I thought it was strange too that the correo website was talking about this slip of paper that I need to bring to the local post office, when no slip of paper existed. All I've received at home are bill payments - love those B)

I think at this point the card has probably been sent back to the states and I'll need to try delivering it again. It's unfortunate but I think this time I know much more about the system and how it works and am better prepared to get the card when it comes back in country.

Thanks again for all the friendly advice!

Last time I had to deal with Correo, they had in fact forged the data in their system = they never sent the two notices that, according to the tracking, had been sent (I was not home each time, supposedly, but I work from home and rarely leave it).

I went to the CPI and explained the thing and the guy yelled at the other guy on the upper floor "aviso no recibido" (it was an afternoon). When I came back (without the 145 USD package they kept for them), they forged again the data in the system: according to the tracking, the postman had tried to give me again the notice (for a 3rd time), except he was supposed to have done so around 4:30pm (he visits my house around 11am and it has been that way during the 4 years I live here).

Those are crimes btw. I didn't even go back to the CPI, knowing myself (I rarely get mad but when I get mad I can do silly things so better avoid). Maybe I should have filed a denuncia at the Police but well.

If we were like 50 people filing a denuncia at the Police, then we could create a piquete at the CPI.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this situation, so I know it's not my incompetence with the postal system ^_^ Normally I never have things sent to my address, because I doubt they would ever arrive, perhaps it would be better if I have it sent to an "official" business address? I've heard of that being done with few to no problems.

Yes, we shall picket the Correo Central and demand to receive our just deserts!

My primary concern is that my credit card expires in August and this card is my replacement, so if I don't have it by August I'm living paycheck to paycheck with no nest egg :mellow:

Call your CC company and request an emergency replacement. You can have it sent to you directly or they can send it to an affiliate bank here for you to pick it up. Usually arrives within 2-3 days.

Just to put some closure on this topic, and for anyone else in the future who can't locate a package or letter, I went down to my local Correo and told them I was looking for a package that had arrived a month ago and if they could send me in the right direction. They gave me a number to call and within 5 minutes I had the address where my letter was located. I went down there, walked in, and two minutes later walked out with my envelope.

Thanks for all the advice y'all. Moral of the story; when in doubt, go and ask.

Back