Recipe for flambeed panqueque

govenezia

Registered
We have had Panqueque as a dessert 3 times in BA since 2009. It has always been flambeed at our table. I have tried to find a recipe for this by googling, etc, and can only find recipes for panqueque batter. These panqueque recipes use various fillings, such as cream cheese, dulce de leche, or even savory fillings (and not served as deserts). What do you use to flambee--liquor, brandy, or rum? And, how do you do safely--I mean I would rather not burn down my house. Thanks for divulging the secret!!

I am assuming you are referring to apple panqueques, which are the ones usually served flambeed. Method of prep: melt butter in pan, with some sugar (to make caramel), then pour in batter and top with thinly sliced apples. cook a little then remove from pan onto a plate. Put more butter and sugar and return pancake to pan with the uncooked side down for a couple more minutes until cooked. Put on a plate (non flammable). pour a LITTLE rum over it, and also put some rum in a metal spoon. Heat the spoon a little over flame (to warm the spirits) then light spirits with a match and pour over pancake. Or you can try pouring a lot of rum on the pancake and lighting it directly. One has to do this step immediately, as if not the pancake absorbs the alcohol (on the other hand, that might not be such a bad thing..:))

You can flambee any kind of panqueques or crepes and we use fillings such as dulce de leche or any jelly or marmalade we like.
Reina

sylveen said:
i am assuming you are referring to apple panqueques, which are the ones usually served flambeed. Method of prep: Melt butter in pan, with some sugar (to make caramel), then pour in batter and top with thinly sliced apples. Cook a little then remove from pan onto a plate. Put more butter and sugar and return pancake to pan with the uncooked side down for a couple more minutes until cooked. Put on a plate (non flammable). Pour a little rum over it, and also put some rum in a metal spoon. Heat the spoon a little over flame (to warm the spirits) then light spirits with a match and pour over pancake. Or you can try pouring a lot of rum on the pancake and lighting it directly. One has to do this step immediately, as if not the pancake absorbs the alcohol (on the other hand, that might not be such a bad thing..:))

yes! This is exactly what i wanted. Will try this weekend!!!:)

rihornos said:
you can flambee any kind of panqueques or crepes and we use fillings such as dulce de leche or any jelly or marmalade we like.
Reina
ok--we may eat nothing else for a week!!!:)

Back