Reciprocity Fee....b4 You Fly?

notebook.fix

Registered
Hi, I don't know if this will help anyone , I just received a call from an American friend saying the airline wouldn't let her on board until her reciprocity fee was paid...she's already paid it but they gave her no receipt. She wasn't expecting it & almost missed her flight.
Looks like Cristina's getting very desperate now.

I hope it doesn't cause anyone to miss their flight.

Hi, I don't know if this will help anyone , I just received a call from an American friend saying the airline wouldn't let her on board until her reciprocity fee was paid...she's already paid it but they gave her no receipt. She wasn't expecting it & almost missed her flight.
Looks like Cristina's getting very desperate now.

I hope it doesn't cause anyone to miss their flight.

It will be a mess. Cristina, though, doesn't want anyone to spend that US$160 on goods and services when it can go directly into the government's patronage funds.

In January coming back from IAH they were checking for proof of payment for the reciprocity fee at the gate at boarding. Probably would be more helpful if they had checked at check in, hadn't thought about that.

The requirement to pay in advance has been in place at AEP since Oct 31, EZE since Dec 28 and for the rest of the border crossings since Jan 7. Cruise ship passengers have until July 1 until they need to pay it. The fee applies to those from the US, Canada and Australia.

http://www.discoverb...e-visa-pre-paid

The airlines should be checking for it before boarding, so yes, printing out proof of payment is a good thing to remember to do.

They don't give you a visa to print out? That seems really odd that you would pay online without having some sort of proof to print or number to write down.

I certainly wouldn't trust being in the 'system.'

I'm curious about Río Gallegos airport, for people arriving on the monthly LAN flight from the Falklands. In theory, they could ding you for not having paid your "reciprocity" payment, but because they view it as an internal flight. Even before the expanded "reciprocity" policy, some people had to insist on getting their passports stamped in Gallegos, for fear they would be dinged for illegal entry when they tried to leave the country at another border crossing.

Yes, there is something to print out as well as a number. It was pretty clear from the website when I did it for my family back in January. I was instructed to print it and was also asked for the printed copy at customs at EZE. The airline never even mentioned it or asked for it.

I paid my "CFK mani/pedi" tax (aka reciprosity fee) last year when I entered at EZE. Got a nice little sticker in my passport.

Hi,
where was the flight she almost missed originating from?
She was coming from Seattle..I'm not sure of her flight connections, I'll find out & post tomorrow when I find out what happened..I hope she didn't miss the flight.
Cristina is desperate for US$ currency that's probably why you now have to pay before you board,I don't know.

Back