Recoleta Cemetery

Jtee125

Registered
Anyway, time to visit Recoleta cemetery for the first time!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think that the time of day plays a big factor. Having spent all morning wandering around San Telmo, Puerto Madero, Retiro and Recoleta, I find Buenos Aires such a beautiful and charming city and I love today’s weather. However, I probably wouldn’t have done the same at night and would’ve opted for a taxi instead.

Anyway, time to visit Recoleta cemetery for the first time!
Remember to buy your ticket for the cemetery online first!

Is it not possible to pay at the door? Hoping I’ve not made a big mistake walking here without having bought a ticket first

Oops, you're right, I misremembered. Visitors of ours couldn't pay cash at the entrance, only card payments, and since they weren't locals, paying with foreign CCs at the time wasn't attractive.

The page to buy tickets is: https://entradasba.buenosaires.gob.ar/
I did stumble upon that site but the drop downs didn’t work on my phone, bizarrely. In any case, I thought it was a very reasonable price at MEP rate, and even official rate I’d have paid. It’s quite a bizarre place to wander around, took me back to Lenin’s mauseoleum in Red Square

Thanks, quite rightly so, for moving this to a new thread. For the benefit of information sharing - the price was 2030 pesos - with debit and credit card as the only acceptable payment method, and thankfully for me they accepted Apple Pay on the door

Back