Recommendations for Bedding & Linens

Fototraveler

Registered
Hello Community,

I'm in search of a down comforter for a king size bed and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a store or vender in the Capital that can offer good quality products without breaking the bank. Other recommendations for high thread count sheets and flannel sheets would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a lovely day! - Ari

Arredo. I know one of the owners through tango. I bought my king-sized down comforter at a house sale in Palermo several years ago for a very good price. Arredo has the best quality.

Arredo. I know one of the owners through tango. I bought my king-sized down comforter at a house sale in Palermo several years ago for a very good price. Arredo has the best quality.
Thanks Jantango! this is very helpful = )

Imho, Arredo is the same quality of supermarket sheets abroad. If you want top quality stuff, look for Espalma. Some products are sold also in specialty store such as Primavera Casa (https://www.laprimaveracasa.com.ar/), but not the whole range. If you visit Espalma offices in San Isidro, they give a small discount (5%) if you pay cash, but you get to touch and see the products before buying.

Imho, Arredo is the same quality of supermarket sheets abroad. If you want top quality stuff, look for Espalma. Some products are sold also in specialty store such as Primavera Casa (https://www.laprimaveracasa.com.ar/), but not the whole range. If you visit Espalma offices in San Isidro, they give a small discount (5%) if you pay cash, but you get to touch and see the products before buying.
I totally agree with RinoG. I also think Arredo is mostly lower quality. Nothing special at all with this brand. When I lived in Buenos Aires I'd mostly go to higher end stores like Home & Harmony. I'm not sure if they are still around. I think they might have been acquired by Home Collection. However, keep in mind it was very expensive. Especially compared to the USA.

I'd typically ask a friend coming from the USA if they would mind bringing one down. I realize not everyone can do this but if you have someone you know, ask them if they would be willing to. Quality is much better and much cheaper.
In Argentina you're going to have to pay a fortune as they have tons of IVA and other import taxes.

In Argentina you're going to have to pay a fortune as they have tons of IVA and other import taxes.
True. At Espalma, I was explained that they have import restriction so they can run out of stock on expensive items and cannot foresee when they will be back in stock. Sometimes you can find leftovers (old collections, odd colors) at resellers (on MercadoLibre, for example).

A lower brand is Oregon (https://www.oregonhotel.com.ar/), but when I went to visit their store, I wasn't impressed with quality and price. They cater bedding and linens for hotels, so perhaps that's where they offer the better deals. I was looking for high density towels for myself, and I ended up buying the top ones from Espalma. They cost an arm and a leg, but we use them daily and are totally worth the cost.

You're spot on as usual RinoG. I also have bought Espalma. As you mentioned, good quality but expensive. All the stuff I used to buy was also expensive but I hate that scratchy cheap cotton that is prevalent in much of Argentina.

Hello Community,

I'm in search of a down comforter for a king size bed and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a store or vender in the Capital that can offer good quality products without breaking the bank. Other recommendations for high thread count sheets and flannel sheets would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a lovely day! - Ari
Godoy Cruz 1737, CABA
Monday-Sunday
11:00am-8:00pm

Hi RinoG, thank you so much for your advice! Espalma y La primavera casa are definitely the best options I've seen so far! = )

I went to Arredo today, the location at 313 Florida, and I was deeply impressed. I spoke with a young woman named Nadia, and she was outstandingly polite, professional, and competent. She knew her product, where it was in the store, and everything she needed to know.

I bought a full set of cotton (algodon liso) sheets in queen size, and a pillow for what will probably settle out at around 65 USD or so. I could almost certainly have gotten them cheaper if I was willing to spend two hours on the bus traveling to Calle Avellaneda and back, but this was just so very convenient.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kate101 Newcomers Forum 5
shoush Expat Life 0
Back