recommendations for place to buy rugs?

Sleuth

Registered
So, I've discovered Avenida Belgrano for furniture purchases and was wondering if there's another area with rug stores? If not, can anyone make any recommendations for a place to buy nice rugs?

I've checked at Easy and some stores on Cabildo already and didn't really find anything I liked.

Thanks.

Thanks for that advice, but Tigre was a little far for me to go.

I ended up finding a number of rug stores on Viamonte 600-700, and got a great deal on a really nice Egyptian rug.

Thanks again.

Sleuth said:
Thanks for that advice, but Tigre was a little far for me to go.

I ended up finding a number of rug stores on Viamonte 600-700, and got a great deal on a really nice Egyptian rug.

Thanks again.

Can you provide the name and address of this place?

Eternalnewbie said:
Can you provide the name and address of this place?

The name was something like Mehta (or something with an "M" I believe.) Unfortunately, sin factura I cannot be sure. Pretty sure it was in the 700 block of Viamonte. It was directly across from a parking garage.

And, they were supposedly having a sale. I picked up an Egyptian rug (230 x 320) for $1710 pesos after haggling down from the sale price of $1900. After looking around, it was a really good price for the quality of the rug. (Photo attached.)

Attachments

• DSC02336.JPG
    DSC02336.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
I have about a dozen "oriental" (Afghani, Turkish, Pakistani, Chinese, Iranian) rugs in my apts. I gave up shopping for such rugs in BA because prices were much higher (2x) than in Rio. Must be Arg duties. So consider yourself lucky if you got something you like that big for that price.

I just checked the label on one of my rugs (to be sure of the spelling and got the address in a google search).

Mirhan
Viamonte 750

They also have locations at Cnel Diaz 1420 in Palermo and at Aranales 1307 in Recoleta.

I shopped at quite a few stores and bought five rugs from them and none from any of the others.

Rugs probably are a lot cheaper in Rio but walking to and from the stores on Arenales (when I lived in Recoleta) and Cnel Diaz (when I lived in Palermo) was a lot cheaper than flying to Rio.

steveinbsas said:
I just checked the label on one of my rugs (to be sure of the spelling and got the address in a google search).

Mirhan
Viamonte 750

They also have locations at Cnel Diaz 1420 in Palermo and at Aranales 1307 in Recoleta.

I shopped at quite a few stores and bought five rugs from them and none from any of the others.

That was it, thanks. They definitely were the best I found in terms of relative quality and price.

Back