Recoomendations for Good Parilla walking distance to River Stadium

mendozanow said:
Just might if a friend of a friend decides not to come at the last minute. Send me a pm a week before the match, with your phone number, as we might not find out until the very last minute.

BUT if you go with us and sit (actually stand) with the Canadians, you have to wear red and cheer for Canada (and generally act like a rabid Canadian, eh).

Will do....if I remember!

I have pretty strong connections with Canada (although I've only met her a few times, my mother was Canadian). I was there for 6 weeks at the beginning of last year, in Hamilton, Ontario to be exact - went to work and stayed with some of my bestest mates. Also got a half-sister and another good friend who live in BC.

Al

Allrighty then...there ya go....like, yer practackly Canadian, eh...that is so like great.

(these are just a few canehdianisms that I used as a kid back in the sixties that have now become popular in the States due to the flooding of Hollywood by Canadians in the last 40 years)

mendozanow said:
Thanks for the suggestions (however, I would never inflict Milanesa on anyone visiting Argentina, it tastes like paper...what a waste of meat).:D:D

so you never had eat a very good milanesa here. I guess that most expats only try typical "expats" restaurants in Palermo/Recoleta with much higher prices as smaler Argentinian Restaurants.

I know only 1 place (in Almagro) in the whole town where you can eat very very good milanesa (different taste with onion, blue cheese, napolitan, ...) but this is more a insider place and never seen any "Gringo" there. But you should be hungry before going to that place :D

schef4711 said:
so you never had eat a very good milanesa here. I guess that most expats only try typical "expats" restaurants in Palermo/Recoleta with much higher prices as smaler Argentinian Restaurants.

I know only 1 place (in Almagro) in the whole town where you can eat very very good milanesa (different taste with onion, blue cheese, napolitan, ...) but this is more a insider place and never seen any "Gringo" there. But you should be hungry before going to that place :D

Okay amigo, are you going to let us in on the secret of WHERE this place be , or will the mythical delicious argentine milanesa continue to be unattainable for us gringos pobres? :)

mendozanow said:
Okay amigo, are you going to let us in on the secret of WHERE this place be , or will the mythical delicious argentine milanesa continue to be unattainable for us gringos pobres?

:D ... it is 2 block from my apartment on Rivadavia al 3400 but don't ask me for the name right now. But as soon as I am back at home (next Jueves) I can tell you exactly if my brain not remember it before :rolleyes:

Otherwise if someone want we can do some meeting there next weekend :p Friday 30th or Saturday 1st (I guess it is open on Saturday) but maybe Friday is better ;)

schef4711 said:
:D ... it is 2 block from my apartment on Rivadavia al 3400 but don't ask me for the name right now. But as soon as I am back at home (next Jueves) I can tell you exactly if my brain not remember it before :rolleyes:

Otherwise if someone want we can do some meeting there next weekend :p Friday 30th or Saturday 1st (I guess it is open on Saturday) but maybe Friday is better ;)

¿Already too drunk eeeehhhhh amigo?

I would to meet you there buddy, but I live in Mendoza, and will not be down in BA until the 24th of May for the Argentina-Canada match. The next day I will be hungover from celebrating the surprize victory of the Canucks over the overconfident Argies.

Any chance of meeting for lunch there on Tuesday the 25th of May for a nice greasy lunch to settle my hangover?

mendozanow said:
¿Already too drunk eeeehhhhh amigo?

I would to meet you there buddy, but I live in Mendoza, and will not be down in BA until the 24th of May for the Argentina-Canada match. The next day I will be hungover from celebrating the surprize victory of the Canucks over the overconfident Argies.

Any chance of meeting for lunch there on Tuesday the 25th of May for a nice greasy lunch to settle my hangover?

If you only need to go out, go one corner and one block and falling into the restaurant you don't know the name after a time *jajajaja*

Surely we can meet but I don't go for lunch as mostly I have my breakfast at 11 :D So for dinner would be good idea if you want.

Back